Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > English Series    

English Series

aboabed3
Saudi Arabia

English Series

Hi everyone,

I �d like to have an idea about the series (books) each of you use to teach English in your schools.

Here in Saudi Arabia, we use two series. One is made by the Ministry of Education which will be replaced soon by the new series, Traveller. The new series, Traveller, is still under trial.

27 Mar 2011      

essam35
Egypt

there are lots of series some of them are international series other series are national
it also depends on the stage you teach for ex. in Egypt you have bravo rainbow fpr primary
i teach move ahead and move ahead plus for prep. and secondary and you many other series

27 Mar 2011     

rachid-hilale
Morocco

in Morocco:
"Smile for me" for primary school
and "English Zone" for middle school

28 Mar 2011     

silvia.patti
Italy

In Italy there are lots of different books. In my school we are using "Smart English" by Oxford; I love Oxford books, I think they are the best.

Silvia

28 Mar 2011     

viccxx
Greece

In Greece things are quite complicated...In public schools, there is an "official" book that is published by the national school book organisation, but frankly it �s completelly horrible. I havent met a kid that has ever enjoyed it. Or a teacher for that matter. There is a list with approved books that the teacher may choose to do instead, but the kids have to buy them, and not all parents can afford them.
In private language schools, or �frontistiria � the school chooses to do whatever books they want.
Mind you, i was looking at the prices of some of the most popular book series and it is a disgrace how much more expensive they are in Greece. one of my private students bought the C senior level books recently (student �s, companion, grammar and workbook) and it cost more than 100 euros

28 Mar 2011     

aboabed3
Saudi Arabia

That �s interesting. It �s good to know how different countries deal with teaching English.

29 Mar 2011