Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Friday - Rebecca Black    

Friday - Rebecca Black

regina. di
Brazil

Friday - Rebecca Black

Hello Everyone!

I was looking for an activity with the song Friday by Rebecca Black. My students asked me to have this song in class. Does anyone have something nice to share??

Thanks in advance!!
Cheers,
Regina.

30 Mar 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

I don �t know about �nice �, but I should be careful with this song, Regina. Personally, I think it �s hilarious, but perhaps your students just want to tease you. It �s a terrible song with incredibly naff lyrics* which recently went viral on YouTube (come to think of it, that �s exactly the type of thing my adolescents go for - without a single hint of irony).

Have a look at the �like �/ �dislike � strap of the official version on YouTube to get a flavour of what people think of it:

*a taster:

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today is Friday, Friday
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards

Have a look at some of the parodies too - it �s all good fodder for a follow-up discussion on the power of the internet to make or break young �talent� : )

30 Mar 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

What a terrible song.

Just a suggestion for a good song-lesson, you can take a song Ironic by Alanis Morissette, Canadian-American singer. The lyrics is interesting in terms of the challenging definition of irony itself. As it turned out song critics and the singer herself have some difficulties figuring out what irony is ( definitely something that is not made of iron;)). Anyway, the activities might be first identifying the right example of irony in the song and another step is how to make from bad luck, bad timing situations a real irony. It �s interesting.

30 Mar 2011