Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Tourist advice from Polish teachers...    

Tourist advice from Polish teachers...

MarionG
Netherlands

Tourist advice from Polish teachers...

Hi, I know this is not ESL related but still...
This coming summer we will have a long stop over in Warsaw on our way from Israel to Holland. (we, is my musician husband, me and my 2 teenaged kids)
Can anyone recommend places to visit and things to do/see? We will be there from +/- 9 AM to 7 PM....

31 Mar 2011      

Marywell
Poland

I �m not from Warsaw and I have never been there, but I �ve heard that people recommend Chopin Muzeum (http://chopin.museum/en/information/visitors) - maybe your husband -musician - will be interested, or if you �re into science I suggest that you should visit the Copernicus Science Centre (http://www.kopernik.org.pl/en/about-us/) - it should be a lot of fun and knowledge, too. Just have a look.
Hope that somebody from Warsaw will give you some more information about interesting places in our Capital city.

31 Mar 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Wow, Marywell, the copernicus museum looks AMAZING! I �ve been on their website just now with my daughter and she already decided that that is where we will go!!! Thank you soo much for the recommendation! It isn�t even that expensive..
My husband is a musician but Chopin isn �t really our cup of tea, we were more thinking of some �happening � squares with street musicians or street performances etc. Smile
Now with the Copernicus museum on our list of �must do� I am not sure we will have time for anything else!

31 Mar 2011     

Marywell
Poland

Yes, I know a person who was in the Copernicus Science Centre with her family and she said that it was amazing but it had one drawback: it was so absorbing that they did not manage to visit any other places in Warsaw. She said they �d been there from 9 to 5 and still they did not try out all the available machines and experiments.
Maybe if you plan to devote just a few hours for that Centre and you really stick to your plan, you �ll have a chance to see some other �happenings �, maybe some street shows, or open air concerts, etc. , but personally I have no idea about such events during the summer in Warsaw. Such information is usually announced locally.
I hope that somebody from Warsaw will give you some more exact hints here or in a pm.

31 Mar 2011