Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Have you seen the English TV series "Downtown Abbey"?    

Have you seen the English TV series "Downtown Abbey"?

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Have you seen the English TV series "Downtown Abbey"?

I have to tell you that I hardly ever watch TV because I don �t have much time and I don �t like it much but a friend of mine recommended me this series and I am watching them in English on line and it �s really great.

Yolanda

31 Mar 2011      

Fernandez
Spain

I just love it!! I don �t know what I love more: the setting, the story, the characters, the performance... I enjoy watching it every Tuesday on TV, in English, of course. Last week I watched it with my mother at her place and I had to deal with the Spanish version. Not the same!!
Anyway, I am glad you like it too, I highly recommend it to everyone who likes historical drama.

31 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Yes, Downton Abbey is available in English on the Spanish network channel A3.
I have to admit - a wee bit shamefacedly - that I �m getting hooked on it too, despite the fact that I think the writer, Julian Fellowes, is an unmitigated snob. Mind you, that can �t be a bad thing for a period drama of the �upstairs/downstairs � variety.

31 Mar 2011     

xcharo
Spain

absolutely terrific! very disappointed when I found out we won �t be able to watch the second part until next autumn. I can �t wait.

31 Mar 2011     

martavt
Spain

It �s just lovely to hear the different accents!

31 Mar 2011     

Apodo
Australia

It �s a wonderful series. It hasn �t appeared on TV in Australia yet but a friend of mine loaned me the DVD.

31 Mar 2011     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

No....

I will search it ....

31 Mar 2011     

libertybelle
United States

It is being shown on Danish television every Sunday at the moment.
Beautifully filmed.

31 Mar 2011     

AACG
Argentina

I haven �t. Any suggestions where I can watch it online?

31 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

... I can �t wait until we get it here - I loved Upstairs Downstairs

31 Mar 2011     

mariaah
Spain

Just a pleasure to watch and listen that beautiful English! The old Upstairs Downstairs is coming soon too. Enjoy it!!

31 Mar 2011