Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE...    

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE...

maroemma
Greece

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE...

I am quite new on this site and occasionally I came across papers that seemed similar to mine. However, I know that there is NO CHANCE that someone could have stolen my ideas. Therefore, I never felt the urge to report anyone as a "thief".
Most of us have attended plenty of seminars and have been working for a long time. It �s quite likely that sometimes coincidences happen. Or who knows... Maybe people with similar ideas are our soulmates Heart somewhere across the ocean (Preferably in Australia or Southern America where I �d love to go one day).
I think that we can make the most of this splendid site and if someone steals , they should feel guilty. Reporting , though, seems a bit cruel to me (unless someone steals without having changed a single comma!!!)
Maria

31 Mar 2011      

pilarmham
Spain

What a nice way to say without saying. To whomever it may concern...

31 Mar 2011     

maroemma
Greece

Hi Pilar!
Actually, I �m not implying anything. It �s just how I feel. I mean the other day someone uploaded a paper from banana.com. But what would be the point of reporting him? The point on this site (actually I �m an addict just like you are!!!) is to try and become better and create effective papers.  Papers that will help other colleagues but also papers that will help students improve their English.
Anyway, your worksheets are great. So I �m glad that in a sense I met you.

31 Mar 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

What a hard speech ,.... for a newby.

I checked your printables and ........... didn �t get a glimpse of whatever...

Have a nice day, and take care... people ae friendly , here,..... or not.

Welcome, take a look around, feel comfortable and share... : ))))

Linda

1 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

Dear Linda,
I feel very comfortable and share. My speech is not hard. On the contrary, I feel happy if people like my ideas and get inspired. You got me all wrong.Otherwise, I wouldn �t have uploaded again after my 30 points since it only takes 30 points to have access to all this fantastic material.
It �s just that I checked on the message board today and something bothered me. I mean the point here is actually about sharing , not winning some sort of competition. Am I right?
Have a nice day, too. Nice talking to you.  I also think it �s a great opportunity for all of us to speak English here :)))

1 Apr 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Hi, Maroemma, case in point. I was going to make a ws, was going, going until I saw my ws on ESL Printables done by another person. Wow I thought, that �s nice, now I gotta come up with something different. So it �s better hurry up before someone get it done for you which is not bad either. ;)

1 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

How did you manage to answer me, the right moment I post it ?

Edit

Mapple
we crosse dour posts

1 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

I know it �s hard. The same has happened to me with a song I was going to prepare. It happens everywhere I guess where creativity is in the way, music, theatre, writing books...You �ve got no idea how I felt when I read Bridget Jones � Diary since I �ve been keeping a diary since 1996!!! Anyway, that �s what I really enjoy about the site, that there �s so many like us out there and that there �s a lot of motivation to come up with new ideas.
Keep up the good work and if you don �t tell, I won �t tell ;)

1 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi my dear

If only you thought, you had it in your mind of getting YOUR 30 POINTS and getting away without feelin the need of sharing,,,.....

Well,

We had our talk, nothing more to say.
Indeed , I would really love to know , HOW, when I posted my previous message, YOURs was already there.

Strange, this forum doesn �t usually work that fast.

May be you can explain us better, what is going on here.
Just an idea

Linda

1 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Still waiting

you "speak " / write many things in the between, if you are acusing someone, would you please be nice and step ahead,

we are waiting, at least , I am.

1 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

Linda, my answer was to MapleLeaf, not to you( I mean the one about Bridget Jones). Try to re-read my posts and understand my messages . I think you are attacking me for no reason at all.

1 Apr 2011     

1    2    3    Next >