Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > program to record music from the internet    

program to record music from the internet

cheezels
New Zealand

program to record music from the internet

Some time ago a member posted as an answer within someone �s post an awesome link to a program (free) that you can download and it adds a toolbar to your browser allowing you to save audio files to your computer from the internet.

I have just formatted my computer and cannot remember what it was called! I  need to it be able to record the listening practice exams for the Swedish national exam as where I have my lessons I don �t have the internet.

Basically it was a program that automatically saved as a file to your computer the audio that was being streamed online.

Anyone remember???? Or if you were the member that posted the site can you please report it?

Thanks!!!

ps I am not looking for Audacity... but the toolbar program that was mentioned.

2 Apr 2011      

aboabed3
Saudi Arabia

I use internet download manager

2 Apr 2011     

_babz
Canada

I download this software: save2pc

and it saves youtube.com files on my computer

2 Apr 2011     

libertybelle
United States

Question: Does save2pc convert to AVI?

2 Apr 2011     

cheezels
New Zealand

Thanks for the suggestions... but this wasn �t it... it was a specific program for audio... not for utube etc... hopefully the person who suggested it will see my post! I have tried searching the forums but when people don �t put a good name for the title of their post and put things like "help" then the search function becomes next to useless. :-(

2 Apr 2011     

cheezels
New Zealand

Found it!
http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/

For anyone that is interested! It is a great little tool. I have it installed as a toolbar but "hidden" to save space. When I want to use it I know it is there!
:-)

I am a happy camper now!

2 Apr 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Thanks cheezels!
I did not know this tool, it looks really versatile - going to try it! Thumbs Up

2 Apr 2011     

ellakass
Israel

I use VDownloader-easy and it converts to AVI and mp3 etc

2 Apr 2011     

alacale
Spain

VIDEO2MP3 LET YOU DOWNLOAD YOUTUBE AUDIO 

2 Apr 2011