Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > modal verbs song    

modal verbs song

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

modal verbs song

Hope you are all having a great Sunday!!

Next week I will revise the topic modal verbs with my pre-FCE students. Can you suggest me any advance song dealing with this topic? Apart from songs, can you suggest me an entertaining method to approach modals to my students?

Thanks in advance.

3 Apr 2011      

mimau
France

Check this link...
Hope it helps..

3 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

"Should I stay or should I go?" by the Clash as far as "should" is concerned. My older students definitely enjoy rock songs and because this is a classic song they might hear it on the radio and sing along. Of course if the school is conservative, don �t try it.
 "Come what may" from Moulin Rouge soundtrack to explain "may". I did that to my students on Valentine �s Day.

3 Apr 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Potential (advanced)

Role play. Sales talk comparing machinary: This computer will do x/that computer can store more information...

Comparing objects in their past and present form: The earliest cars could only do 4 mph

Asking for information

Role play and dialogues on sight-seeing.

Questionnaires in the classroom, asking other students about their holiday plans.

Information gaps ( filling in a map, where each group has diffrent pieces of inf.) Can you tell me where the tropical forests are.

Learned skill

Based on class experience compile a questionnaire: Who can speak French? bake bread? drive?swim?
What �s my secret. Class members identify, or are given an unusal sill. They must mime it.
Other members guess: Can you milk a goat? No, can �t. Yes, I can but that isn �t my secret.

The song for advanced: I should have been a cowboy -- Question

3 Apr 2011