Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > My-Your-His-Her    

My-Your-His-Her

mahaenglish
Egypt

My-Your-His-Her

Hello friends
                  Tomorrow I will explain the possessive adjectives( my , your , his , her) to students in grade 1 please who can tell me a funny and creative way in explaining them ? I want somethin which can attract their attention.
                                                                                                                      Thanks

3 Apr 2011      

Natashenka
Ukraine

Intoduce some funny characters (e.g. dolls) and present some objects (a book, a pen, etc.). Each object belongs to a particular character, but one of them is very greedy and repeats all the time, "It �s my book, pen, etc." The students should correct him/her (No, it �s his/her/their book, etc.). Good luck!  

3 Apr 2011     

essam35
Egypt

u can use matching cards game cards in 2 different colors one carrying nouns withh possessive �s the other has possessive pronoun    ahmed �s car    hiscar ask Ss to match them together
or stick the cards on a real object
wish it helps

3 Apr 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Ask students to draw pictures of their favourite toy / school object / animal... in secret.
They write their name on the other side of the picture. (Alice, Peter...)

Teacher shuffles the pictures and asks a student "Who is this?"
The student points to one fellow (Adam/Berta) and says:
"It is his/her ... car. It is Adam �s car."
Adam/Berta says: Yes, it is my car. / No, it isn �t my car. It is Linda �s car ...
Linda answers: Yes, it is my car. / No, it isn �t my car. It is Helen �s car. ...
and so on...
until the students find the right "owner" of the object.

It can be fun...
Follow up - ask all students: "Is this Helen �s car? Are these Julia �s cats?...

3 Apr 2011     

customer
Italy

I usually ask my students to close their eyes and I walk around the class, choosing some of their school objects- a pen, diary, rubber etc. Then they guess whose the objects are. It usually works...

3 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

I pick a jacket in random and ask somebody to wear it. Normally I choose mine for a very thin student , I try to wear the jacket of a student, a pink one for a boy, a black one for a girl...
The dialogue goes like that:  - Is it yours?...  they answer back and we start very small conversations. THEY LAUGH A LOT and that �s the best thing about it (especially when I try to wear their clothes)

3 Apr 2011     

thammires
Brazil

I always use cartoon characters with kids at the beginning, explaining how to form the phrases. After that I use random pictures of unknow characters and ask them to create a name.  It works really well for me =)

4 Apr 2011