Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ideas for teaching young learners especially when they are very dynamic!!!!    

ideas for teaching young learners especially when they are very dynamic!!!!

pinarozkan06
Turkey

ideas for teaching young learners especially when they are very dynamic!!!!

Hello to all English Teachers:))

I have been teaching English to the kids- whose ages differ from 5 to 8- for 7 months! I have got 5 classes. My 4 classes are going very well but whatever I try one of my classes never stop talking or never stop being naughty. It is not a crowded class, actually. there are 19 students. But 5 of them are very very very energetic and naughty. For 7 months I tried everything; I formed a table on which there are names � of students and I give them points as they behave themselves or speak in English, I give them stickers or let them play games... But even though they sometimes stop,  they are usually the same. It has become very tiring. I do not know what else I can try. Do you have any classes like this? what would you recommend ? thank you in advance...

5 Apr 2011      

naty.g
Italy

I have actually your same problem with one of my classes. Maybe activyties of TPR could be appropriate. With my children I also experienced that having them played competitive games (threatening that they will lose a point if they chat while the classmates of their groups are playing) do actually help, even if I am convinced this is not the best solution...

5 Apr 2011     

essam35
Egypt

there is a sentence told to me by my teacher that i will never forget (they move  because they need to move they are growing)

i think all what you can do is to organize their mess

you can use aerobics  you need to form a song for each unit and a dance matching the song,

you may also ask 2 of  them to race from the back to the front to write a word  on the board

you may let them go around a chair while repeating a sentence or something when you say stop the 1st 1 to sit is the winner  .of course giving reward and warnings that talkative Ss will not take a turn in such games will  attract them to the game .

wish that helps

5 Apr 2011     

mmbermejo
Spain

I agree they need to move. I hope these activities can help you

5 Apr 2011     

pinarozkan06
Turkey

Thank you very much for your responses. I was about to lose my hope till I got your responses. I �ll try what you have suggested, thank you again.

5 Apr 2011