Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > wonderful memebers of this site    

wonderful memebers of this site

bernil
Turkey

wonderful memebers of this site

Hello every memeber of this wonderful site.  My students and I are going to do a project related to countries. They will prepare traditional games or dances which they will perform on one of our most famous squares where the Blue Mosque is. There will be tourists from everywhere and they will have to make the tourists join in this games or dances. But the problem is that they need some ideas to help them. So I would appreciate all kinds of information or help.
I wish everybody a very nice weekend.
Thnaks in advance.

8 Apr 2011      

MarionG
Netherlands

Bernil,
It is probably the most fun to go for the traditional games, the oldfashioned ones. The are very wellknown in Holland. the funniest is "koekhappen" ("biting the cookie �)

this picture is taken at my daughter �s birthday, I didn �t have the traditional �peperkoek � (a kind of cake) since I do no longer live in Holland but it was fun anyway. Another famous one is �zaklopen �(walking in a sack), which is usually done in the form of a competition, with a start and finish line:
Easy to make and fun to do is "blikken gooien" (toppling the cans). the cans are stacked and you try to topple as many as you can in three throws, the balls are usually stuffed socks shaped into a ball.

Old Dutch Games in Amsterdam

Believe it or not, these games are played by children and adults alike. You can find more if you google: Oud Hollandse Spelen � (most of these games were invented especially to provide a sense of national identity when Holland first got independence.. :)

8 Apr 2011     

sandroenglish
Brazil

I love these games.Handshake

8 Apr 2011