Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > So tired of worksheets copied STRAIGHT from a website    

So tired of worksheets copied STRAIGHT from a website

cheezels
New Zealand

So tired of worksheets copied STRAIGHT from a website

A member has NUMEROUS VOCABULARY worksheets today copied straight from
http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/vocabulary

ALL of the vocabulary pages from this site above has been copied onto the worksheets you see today. There are other vocab worksheets submitted by this member also that because of  the amount of copying done from this listed website, I am assuming (maybe wrongly though) that the rest of her vocab lists are copied from some other site as well.

Please do not download. You can get it for free from the link above.

Please help report this member to get the worksheets removed (I heard somewhere sometime that there has to be three reports??)

The rules are in bright red for goodness sake when you upload something. There is no excuse for this anymore!!!!

14 Dec 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

How can we report if we don�t know who it is.  You have given the source of the originals - but not the reference to the copied versions.

Herein lies a paradox.  We don�t want to draw attention to material which has been uploaded against the rules, but by publishing their details folks always want to go and see what they have done - and even download the worksheets as well!!!!

14 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

Just click on (don�t download!) and look at the vocabulary lists that are on offer today. I don�t want to name the member as her other worksheets MIGHT be her own work....
This member has A LOT of vocab lists on today... just cut and distribute.....
And why would anyone download when everyone now has the actual link to get it all for free :-) (I know that some still will sigh......)
A worksheet can be reported when you click on it for preview.

14 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Sorry cheezels, what do you mean by "just click on (don�t download!)" ?

14 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

You know when you are looking in the new daily worksheets section and you can click on one to see it more in the preview and where you can leave a comment. :-)
I just think that after ALL the threads as of late about copying and stolen work AND that victor has put CLEARLY in red the rules of the site, that there is just no more room for excuses now. AND this member knows the rules as they have been here on another account if you read her message with her pic. I don�t want to be mean to this member, but honesty is important to me. And basically I am just tired of the blatant copying.

14 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

hi cheezels (mmmmm chee-zels! I wonder if they go well with vegemite....)

Just wondering if you have reported?  If you report the worksheet and enter a link (like the one above) to the original copy then I am pretty sure Victor just deletes their account.  As you say - honesty is important - and this sort of action on Victors part will hopefully disuade people from doing this anymore.

14 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

hehe, cheezels go well with ANYTHING.. I soooooooooo miss them! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
And my aunty sent me some vegemite that I received on friday so I am on a toast and vegemite frenzy this weekend :-)

I have definitely posted a link to the original web page on  the ones I found and I have reported them too.
Love your new pic by the way :-)

14 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

My friend sent me a birthday present that was �packaged� with mini packs of grain waves.  Was very effective and yummy!  The best part is they weigh next to nothing.  I want to know when someone is going to invent email with food attachment possibilities!

Oh for some hokey pokey ice cream for christmas...
- do you make legies? - vegemite and lettuce sandwiches -yummmmmmmmmm I think that will be lunch today using the last of my dwindling supply of vegemite!

14 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

I managed to find Milo here in a small "ethnic" type food shop way at the back.... made in Switzerland, but I don�t care! When will posting something become cheaper!!!!!!! I have vegemite now to last me ages, but i miss stuff like shapes crackers (bbq and woodfire pizza flavour), cheezels, burger rings, fish and chips (I am a savoury tooth hehe) in fact anything "junk" from NZ i miss like crazy as the swedes are really health conscious and they just don�t "do" really good chips! there are not even any takeaway places where I live! TRUE! (there is one mcdonals in town, but I really don�t like mcDs so have never been).... I need chinese and thai and indian takeaways!!!!!!!!
I used to rub chicken drumsticks with vegemite before rolling in seasoned flour to roast.... ohhhhhhhh yeaaahhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You are so lucky to be going back for xmas! Is it for good or a holiday? :-)

14 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

cheezels & vickiii are you sure you�re not really Aussies, what with your vegemite addiction?

B-)

(thank god my wife came back from her last trip to Oz with a suitcase full of tim tams...)

15 Dec 2008