Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Translation into both French and Arabic    

Translation into both French and Arabic

Mabdel
Morocco

Translation into both French and Arabic

Dearest colleagues.
Hope you �re doing well. Need your help again. Especially French and Arabic speakers, Wanna translate this into French and Arabic. I am not satisfied with internet translation.
"In consideration of the mutual covenants of the parties as hereinafter set forth, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Parties agree as follows:"
Thanks a lot  for your help in advance .
Have a nice Weekend.

16 Apr 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi dear Mabdel here is some translation of your short text, I hope other French colleagues will confirm this :

Compte tenu de l �engagement mutuel des partis impliqu�s comme suit, des articles et autres crit�res importants, la facture acquitt�e et la confirmation de la quantit� command�e correspondant � la quantit� r�ceptionn�e dont vous trouverez l �accus� de r�ception joint, les parties s �accordent comme suit :

hope it will help you.

Plenty of hugs dear friend.

Maryse.

16 Apr 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Is that actually English? Could it be any more formal and pompous? Tongue
I don �t think the above French translation captures the gist; on the contrary, it makes it seem as just a business transaction with invoice ( �facture �) and received order. In order to get a good translation we �d need the actual meaning and context of the English text. I strongly suggest making the English clearer as well.

16 Apr 2011     

Apodo
Australia

gob�ble�dy�gook/ˈg�bəldēˌgo͝ok/
Inflated, jargon-cluttered prose that fails to communicate clearly.

English or a fine example of gobbledygook?

16 Apr 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Looks like standard legalese or, rather, the sort of boilerplate used in standard contracts and agreements. Since legal obfuscation knows no frontiers, it should have its equivalent in any language you care to mention (including Ferengi).

Mr Bumble

16 Apr 2011     

Mabdel
Morocco

Thanks a lot dear Friends for your answers.In fact it �s a  contract I got from  an American friend working here in Morocco. She asked me to translate it into French and Arabic.
Thanks again. 
 Kind regards

16 Apr 2011     

Jayho
Australia

You certainly need to be a legal eagle to understand the legal mumbo jumbo

Now, whilst on that topic, here�s an apt cartoon on the subject.

16 Apr 2011