Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > a good translator    

a good translator

morganalin
Portugal

a good translator

Hello, how are u? What translators do u suggest? I want to give a list to my students with the best ones...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

18 Apr 2011      

mini-wini
Spain

Hi!!

As far as I know the best one for me is www.wordreference.com

I hope it helps you!

18 Apr 2011     

imanito
Morocco

try this too

18 Apr 2011     

roneydirt
United States

For Chinese to English or English to Chinese I like this one:

For some others I like this

I like both because they not only translate but shows how to say it and you can click on the spoken box and it will say it.

Just remember even the best  electronic or book translation can be a good 15% wrong in the translation.  Some can be straight out wrong, some because they are using archaic words that are no longer in use.  some can be because the person is using a colloquial phrase only used in one region.

19 Apr 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

Dear Morgon,

Here is a list of free translaters from google search.

19 Apr 2011     

magneto
Greece

Are you talking about translating whole sentences, etc. or do you mean translating single words from one language to another?

You might find this one interesting.

Just be careful with whole sentences, etc. An electronic translator can never be as good as a living oneSmile

19 Apr 2011