Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Worksheet Reported    

Worksheet Reported

Vanara
Cambodia

Worksheet Reported

Hello, every one

One of my worksheet �What do you want to be?� has been reported and removed yesterday with the message written that �the document contains copyrighted images from iclipart.com.� I�m sorry to bother (in the case I don�t really know) but I have two questions here:

1.      How do you know my document (picture) contains copyrighted images from iclipart.com even I myself honestly never used to see or touch that website before  (because my images I get from other website) Can you explain me?

2.      I just wonder in this case of not following the rule �the document contains copyrighted images from iclipart.com,� IS IT consider as one of against the rule �If three of your contributions are confirmed as copies by the moderators, your account will be reviewed by the administrator of the website, who might cancel your account at his discretion, taking into account the percentage of your work has been copied, if you have been warned previously, etc.� or not?

Again, I�m sorry if I bother someone here, but honestly I don�t really know. Thank you!

25 Apr 2011      

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m not a moderator so I can �t comment on the discussions on the moderating page.

I have a question however, did you take a picture from google image? If yes, it might be possible that you have a watermark on some of your picture identifying iclipart.

There was a discussion about iclipart pictures some weeks ago and it is true that some of the pictures from that website are also on other websites you can subscribe to. If that is the case, I hope the moderators will vote for your printable to stay.

25 Apr 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

AS far as I know, the copyrigthed pictures ARE NOT counted as three strikes against the rules.
The scanned page from efl book, copied exercises from efl book or worksheet copied from efl website are considered strikes.

Your worksheet was deleted, so if you think it was unfair, you should contact VICTOR.
No eslprintables member can help you to revive the worksheet.

I suppose your worksheet contained one or two watermarked pictures and one of the members reported it for this reason. It is not the end of the world. You just should edit your worksheet, remove all copyrighted pictures and upload it again...
Sorry about it...

25 Apr 2011     

Vanara
Cambodia

Thanks Manonski and Moravc, but I have known that problem already before and I have checked my worksheet there is no any watermarked or even a little. I just want  to make sure the problem with my worksheet clearly first before I send the PM to Victor. (Maybe there �s other problem that I haven �t noticed).

So again especially who had reported my worksheet please give me at least a clear explanation so that I can avoid that problem happen again.

Thanks!
Vanara

25 Apr 2011     

flo84
France

Hi Vanara

I am a moderator and I voted against the removing of your ws as I didn �t see any watermark on it. Some people probably did not agree with that. This is all I can say. Sorry about your worksheet.

25 Apr 2011     

elsnert
Russian Federation

Hello Vanara. Sime time ago my ws was removed as yours as though I took the pictures from another sites and worksheets. I decided to use it myself. I did it for my studens and use it in my classes. If it doesn �t fit this site it �s OK for me. This is my point of view. Is it really so important for you to have it being published here? Be calm. Good luck!

25 Apr 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Vanara, I don �t remember seeing your ws among the reported contributions but I rarely (if ever) vote for the removal of ws containing watermarked cliparts.  I think that, instead of reporting them, the person should inform the author of the ws and suggest that he/she substitute the watermarked cliparts. 
My suggestion would be double check your cliparts and reupload your ws.

Good luck!

25 Apr 2011     

_babz
Canada

Send it again, with new pictures!

25 Apr 2011