Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Some ideas I would like....    

Some ideas I would like....

Greek Professor
Greece

Some ideas I would like....

Good afternoon everyone...
I am preparing some speaking notes for my students...so I would like your help. Actually some ideas on the following statement. I don �t want much a line or 2 from a few of you.

" Everyone needs to get back to nature at times"

Thanks in advance.

GP

25 Apr 2011      

maryse pey�
France

why not :

To be in harmony with nature makes easier to be in harmony with oneself.
To know and respect nature is the 1st path to know better one �s own need of respect and self-esteem.
To admire nature allows to be back to simple needs and great satisfaction.
To be back to nature makes us more humble because Mother Nature is stronger than human beings.

hope it will help.

Plenty of hugs dear.

Maryse.

25 Apr 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Everyone neeeds to get back to nature at times  - Family camping vs. wilderness camping - some like to get back to nature with family camping and all the commodities of a home, but the more adventurous like roughing it.

Nature, time and patience are the three great physicians.

25 Apr 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

thanks you guys so far...help you are...

25 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

Do you like Thoreau, Emerson and Whitman? I think you will find some very useful verses there that will enable you to see the divinity of Nature. As for myself...I think that the sea is the greatest anti-depressant of all, a marvel for all senses. The sea is something people identify with since sometimes it �s calm, sometimes it �s wild and violent.

25 Apr 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

Nature is our home - and there �s no place like home. No matter how �civilised � we like to appear sometimes, it is nature we stem from and nature we live in...

You could also maybe touch upon the double meaning of the word nature - referring to rivers, mountains, etc. and the nature of our characters, maybe think and debate about how we distance ourselves from it and why we need to return...maybe even work on some idioms such as - getting back to your roots, never changing your spots, etc.

25 Apr 2011     

alexcure
Poland

For those who seem to prefer the city life and don �t think of liking the world of nature there �s one beautiful method, namely Nordic walking! If you once try it, you will feel such a need (to get back to nature) even more than "at times" ;-).

25 Apr 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

"Everyone needs to get back to nature at times..."    To me, it means we must all at one time or other, spark up our awareness of the importance of nature in our lives, and all those little things about nature we take for granted (sun, air, water, trees, etc) thus with this awareness, the importance of ENJOYING nature whenever we can, which is great for our health, and also TO TAKE CARE OF IT... doing what �s on our part to do: reuse, recycle, reduce...

25 Apr 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

A couple of years ago I was more of an urban person loving to sit in the cafe, going window-shopping and just going on your self-made tour in downdown. But as years go by and frequent encounters with nature have gradually changed my likings towards cross-country skiing, going to parks, swimming . It �s easier to name the park where I haven �t been. It �s invigorating, refreshing, relaxing and you name it. It �s just beautiful. Right, once you tried this kind of activity -it �s gonna be with you for the rest your life.

25 Apr 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Get back to basics - enjoy time in the bush away from the hustle and bustle of the city

We need to nurture our nature otherwise our nature could be gone before we know it

26 Apr 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

Thanks alot...your info is valuable...

26 Apr 2011