Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Copyright: doubts    

Copyright: doubts

ziasabri
Spain

Copyright: doubts

Hey everybody,

I �ve read the terms of use of the site but I still have some doubts.
Here we go:

What does "personal use only" mean? Can I use it with other people if no commercial purposes are involved?

Which means:
Can I print a worksheet and hand it out to my ss (who are supposed to keep it and work on it at home)?

If that were not allowed, then I couldn �t understand the purpose of this website...

But, it that were allowed:

Can I make a booklet and give it to my ss at the beginning of the school year for free? Can I ask money back to cover the cost of the booklet?

And finally....
If I change the original ws/pp/whatever and make a new one, is it still covered by the original author �s copyright? What the legal difference between "copied by" and inspired by"?

I hope somebody can solve my doubts... I �ve been searching around, but it �s really  complicated!

Thanks a lot!

The printables included in this website are property of their authors.

The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.

27 Apr 2011      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Personal use for us means exactly CLASSROOM USE, or STUDENTS � USE.

It means you cannot sell/publish them or claim them as your own (by availing them to others in another website or anywhere, even if acknowledging the source/author).

I guess that if you intend to make a booklet, you would have to ask the authors � permissions for the wss you choose. Asking the students to cover the costs of printing is not considered selling from my POV.

27 Apr 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

I totally agree with Bruna, but I would say making a booklet is fine. I don �t think there is a difference between giving your students one copy at a time ( every day or every week, for example) or doing it all at once at the beginning of the school year (though I personally wouldn �t recommend this last option, as it will probably keep you busy the whole summer choosing among so many great contributions!)

27 Apr 2011