Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Frustrated    

Frustrated

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Welcome to the wonderful community of eslprintablesSmile
I, too, was (and btw still am) once pretty amazed at the amount of the excellent quality materials here and thought it would be really hard to achieve the premium 30-points membership. It turned out it wasn �t that hard at all. 
You sound as if you �ve been trying and trying uploading worksheets, but haven �t been able to reach the desirable 30 points getting only few downloads... but let �s be honest you haven �t tried at all. Don �t feel intimidated by the wonderful work you see here, but rather use it to your benefit - learn the key principles and implement them. You �ll see you �ll get the results you want practically in no time, if you put at least some effort into it.
Sophia

28 Apr 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Let �s try some math... Confused

With 01 good worksheet... with a good deal of practice of the language, exercises, grammar reference, and a layout which shows it �s good (and I mean CONTENT, not decorative clipart and colorful boxes [even though they may seem like a hit in here {which they are, btw, but that �s not important}]) and a GOOD DESCRIPTION OF IT (that also helps other members to see and download your work) you can get way more than the initial 30 points you need to get started in here.

So... 1 = 30 free daily downloads = more than 10,000 a year like Moravc pointed out.

I can �t imagine THAT being simpler. And, save your bucks. Buy yourself something pretty.

Hope you get to join us. But BEWARE... this website is ADDICTIVE! Nuke

Wink

Bruna

28 Apr 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Welcome cram. jom to the most addictive site in the whole net!

Don �t be frustrated, you can find all the help you need from the wonderful people here. And, just for a bit of relief, take a look at the oldest contributions by most of us here: easy things, very few points. The first steps always seem so difficult. Just be a little patient, look around, learn and you will see!

Good luck!Thumbs Up

28 Apr 2011     

mariec
Spain

I haven�been a member a long time, but this is the best t site ever created, so I advise you to upload a printable and use  some of the most wonderful printables with your students.

good luck

29 Apr 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I think, first, you �ve got to to like your work. If it �s so, believe me, your lesson �s going to be successful!! Enthusiasm is catching. This is your work and that �s what you should be proud of. Be confident and it will sell.

29 Apr 2011     

Sandra Amado
Portugal

Hi!

I agree with libertybelle. It �s not about how good it looks - it �s what you do with it! Smile
Upload and you �ll see!

30 Apr 2011     

jmthomas
China

Hi,

I was equally frustrated about a month ago. If you want to create a worksheet first have a look at the latest submissions (today is not a good day as the site was down for the Royal Wedding or some reason on Friday), see what is popular - in one day some printables are downloaded 400 times! Some topics and levels are always more popular. (You can see the content clearly scrolling up the page below the description of the worksheet - something I did not see at first as I am on an embarrassingly slow connection and I was not giving it a chance to load properly)

I noticed the other day a printable about identifying objects in the classroom had been downloaded many many times (in a day) and it consisted of about 10 pieces of clip art with bubbles for students to write the names of the objects in. (No disrespect to the creator, as it was obviously very popular and useful but you probably do not even need to speak English to create that!). So it does not need to be super complicated, imaginative or "technical"/require a great knowledge of the language or how to use a computer. (For clip art there are various sources talked about here on the site). You may decide to use the topic area above classroom items and give it a twist may be do a crossword or have scrambled words or a gap fill etc..  

With so much content on the site you do not have to (and will not be able to) come up with something which is completely unique, so focus on a popular area which you are comfortable with (eg comparatives/superlatives or the use of the verb "to be"). It is probably worth the extra effort (which is probably not a lot extra) to make something a little bit more creative and you will receive lots more downloads. In other words one good worksheet is worth 5 or (many) more regular ones.

You can also submit Powerpoints or make an online exercise (hint!!)

Best of luck - it is worth the effort.

30 Apr 2011     

maulina
India

Hi,
I am a regular contributor to this site. It has been almost 4 days since I am trying to upload a powerpoint which is a continuation of my previous contributions, even when it complies with the needed rules. Please let me know what the problem is.

30 Apr 2011     

< Previous   1    2