Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Kiddie shows.    

Kiddie shows.

yetigumboots
Germany

Kiddie shows.

Hi Everyone, Well its that time of year again and I am nearly at the end of my kindergarten courses. As usual I am in a flap trying to think of a little show to put on for the parents. Does anyone have any cute ideas for wee kids. Short and sweet cos they are only aged 4-6. I have done the usual like �wheels on the bus �, �head and shoulders � etc but want to do something a little bit different. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. 
Yeti x

1 May 2011      

maryse pey�
France

hi dear,

once I wrote a short poem about animals of this kind :

My cat purrs MEOW MEOW
My dog barks WOOF WOOF
My rabbit jumps jumps
My frog hops hops
My horse makes HIII HIII
My butterfly flies flies
My bird sings TWIT TWIT...

Go on with other kind animals. Each child will choose one �s animal and repeat with you the verse of the poem moving and making the sound after the verse. Of course you will determine when the child is going to come on stage.

My kids adore that ! and the parents too !

Plenty of hugs.

1 May 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

My mouse goes ... click click

1 May 2011     

magita
Croatia

Dear Y,

I have the same thing to think about every year. Last year I found the little play called �Ready, steady, go �. The result was excellent. It �s really simple: just a line for each kid: �Wait, wait, I forgot my...! �. I let them �forget � the toys or animals they already know. They are so cute sitting in the bus (the line of chairs) with their bags, hats and sunglasses....
Try to find it on the net. If you don �t manage I can send you a copy via mail.
If you think of or find something better please publish it here, I would appreciate it very much.

1 May 2011     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi magita,
Is this the play you mentioned:

1 May 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

Oh thats perfect... Thank you so much. I needed something a little bit funny and that is just the thing. You are all so great. Thanks alot xx. Hugs Yeti 

2 May 2011