Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I uploaded a worksheet and it has been downloaded 3 times but i didn īt get any points    

I uploaded a worksheet and it has been downloaded 3 times but i didn īt get any points

zailda
Brazil

Do you colleagues ask your students to read the directions before answering the questions during a test?
Or am I an old lady using old-fashioned concepts in class?

3 May 2011     

yasemin__8661
Turkey

you must upload some worksheet or somethıng else lıke that ıf you want to download somethıng from thıs websıte. because ıf you dont have any poınts you cannot download anythıng...

3 May 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

The replies you get from members here often say a lot more about the members themselves than about the question you asked... Pig

3 May 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Philip.... I always like that spirit of yours : concise and brief. Thank you Smile

3 May 2011     

zailda
Brazil

@philip: Oops... should I have cleaned the poison from my mouth before saying anything?

4 May 2011     

soylentgreen
Belgium

Thank you everyone for responding! Hug

I especially like Philip īs response.

Anyway to clarify this "storm in a teacup"

I appreciate what Misa pointed out, but the problem was the way he said it.

It sounded pedantic and aggressive, rather like an angry policeperson ;>

If he restrains himself in future, he will be less likely to receive jocular insults in return, that īs my advice.

Apologies if I upset him by suggesting that he was a "Forum Nazi", which generally is taken to mean a tendency to nitpicking and belligerence rather than a slur on someone īs family history:

"If obliged to by Forum Nazis, then I will delete this question altogether and ask the Ministry of Propaganda in Peking to add this site to their list of blocked websites as it promotes independent thinking.  Just joking there, but the last thing a forum like this needs is belligerent mall cops."

Indeed, it is not inconceivable that he really does suffer from an infantile authoritarian personality disorder, especially as he immediately raised the spectre of his family history, rather than addressing the criticism itself.

Nobody is perfect and not everybody reads FAQs and online forms before clicking on buttons.  Perhaps they should, but they don īt.  No need to be insulting and generate conflict, especially as I see from his worksheets that he has put such a lot of good work into them.

According to the forum rules, and the internet in general:

You are free to use the forum to express yourself, ask for help, make suggestions, etc

Perhaps Masia too should reread the forum rules, especially:

• Never insult other users or try to hurt them.

• In his latest vicious email to me, he even dares to question my competence as a teacher:

What kind of teacher are you if you don īt read the instructions first?

then, he accuses me of being a liar:

From your answer I assume you were lying while registering -  if you admit you haven īt read the rules

Talk about academic mobbing!

Thanks, anyway now I have downloaded the worksheet that I needed, so I see no need to continue adding boilng water to this "storm in a teacup".

James Wellington aka soylentgreen

4 May 2011     

soylentgreen
    Belgium

Re Yanogator īs comment and question:

It īs difficult with Chinese Students because they are hidebound by years of authoritarian confucian education, so I try to do it via media. 

This is why I showed them the Milgram Obedience Experiment, the Asche Conformity Experiment and now, Five Steps to Tyranny and  a Class Divided. 

I try to provoke critical thinking and this often involves a critical attitude. It īs not easy, and sometimes it involves name-calling, especially in the PRC.

For example, running dog, lickspittle, capitalist lackey, imperialist vulture, etc.

4 May 2011     

zailda
    Brazil

Soylentgreen, as Michaela (MJ) said and I agree with her, people should read the rules first - especially if they want to use the forum.

But I also agree with you when you say that "people don īt read the rules". You mentioned a rule on the use of the forum but I guess you forgot to read another:

Never publish Private Messages in the forum. They are private.

4 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2