Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How can I solve my problem?    

How can I solve my problem?

maggie2009
Portugal

How can I solve my problem?

Hello everyone!!
10 minutes ago I tried to download two worksheets related with jobs role play. When I was asked where I wanted to save them, I said that it was on my computer, and everything seemed to be fine, however, when I checked my computer I couldn �t find any of them.Furthermore, instead of taking two points out of my points the site took 3 points: I think that �s unfair not only because the site didn �t do the download but also because it took 3 points instead of 2. Can anyone help me? How can I get my points corrected and how can I find the worksheets if they weren �t realy downloaded?
thanks

5 May 2011      

zailda
Brazil

The site is not unfair. You have to set your browse to download the documents to a spefic folder. If you �re using IE it �ll "ask" you before downloading and you �ll have the opportunity to choose the folder before the download starts.

Using Firefox or Opera you have to go to the browse settings and choose the folder before click the download link.

Hope it helps

5 May 2011     

dareka1
Japan

Go to the preferences section and click on the downloads folder to see if the documents have been downloaded there or not.

5 May 2011     

maggie2009
Portugal

That �s exactly what I did Zaida, but it didn �t save ay where, and beliee that  �ve ouble checked. it.

5 May 2011     

zailda
Brazil

What browse are you using?

5 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Maggie

I just downloaded one of your WS �s to give you your 1 point back (so now you have 1429 points instead of 1428) and it asked me where to save your document.  So, if you remember where you saved it then it should be there.

Cheers

Jayho

5 May 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Jayho, I love your sense of humor...

5 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Thank you for the compliment Zailda - I thought I�d use a bit of nous in order to kill two birds with one stone ... [Edit - I�ve deleted this part so that people don�t misinterpret my sense of humour) 

5 May 2011     

britishschwa
Cayman Islands

Hello
press CTRL + J 

you will see what you�ve downloaded

BTW, @jayho Thumbs Down

5 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

CTRL + J doesn�t work for me BS - it just shows the websites that I last visited (in the history tab).  I have Windows 7 so maybe it doesn�t work with that???  But, I did at least learn what it does in W7 so thanks for the tip.  [Edit:  I just googled it and I think you need  Google Chrome for this function to work.  I don�t use Google Chrome so that�s why it doesn�t work for me.]

Also, it does nothing in Word.

Cheers

Jayho

BTW BS, Thumbs Down to your BTW

5 May 2011     

britishschwa
Cayman Islands

you �re welcome @Jayho Beer

5 May 2011