Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How can I do it?    

How can I do it?

jmarwa
Qatar

How can I do it?

Hi Everyone: ineed your help

((( link final vowels to initial vowels using /w/ /r/ /j/)))
&

((( link final consonant to initial vowels using /w/ /r/ /j/)))

how can i teach these standards for kids ( grade 3). Are there any suitable worksheet ??

Thanks

7 May 2011      

stonefarm
Australia

In the first example to you mean words such as
   arrow
   away
   kayak

I �m not sure about the second example.  I don �t know of any words with /w, r, j/ immediately preceding a consonant.  There would always be a vowel between the /w, r, l/ sound and the final consonant.

Are you able to give some examples of words for both of your word types?
Are you wanting to teach pronunciation of the /w, r, j/ sounds or spelling......?

/l/ is also a sound that has many of the same properties as /w, r, j/ .  /w, r, l, j/ are all called glide sounds - they tend to "glide" into the vowel that follows them and are always followed by a vowel unless they �re in the final position of a word.

8 May 2011     

stonefarm
Australia

My apologies, I �m half asleep - only /w/ and /j/ are glide sounds.  /r/ and/l/ are liquid sounds-they offer little resistance to airflow.

8 May 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Would this  or this be of any help?
Sophia

8 May 2011     

jmarwa
Qatar

thanks

8 May 2011