Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help- Test analysis!!    

Please help- Test analysis!!

kim82
United Kingdom

Please help- Test analysis!!

Hi everyone,
I �m required to analyze the results of my students ; item by item by referring to the strand (Reading..writing..etc). for example, the description of the first item is (Respond to texts beyond the literal level) and only 49% showed their ability to getting it correct... How to do so? I �m also required to prepare an enrichment plan or a remedial one depending on the needs and response rate...they alsp require graphs that show the ups and downs.... I �m disperately lost Confused

((((Even if not the same I descibed above)))),,, Has oneone done any kind of test analysis and please share it with me? I �ll be so grateful

8 May 2011      

Natashenka
Ukraine

Dear colleague! I usually calculate the percentage of ss who got from A to E (in our education system D & E are satisfactory) - that �s the quality of knowledge. Also I calculate the percentage of students with A-C (B, C are good marks) - absolute aptitude. As for using graphs you may draw it either for the whole class or for each student. In the latter case the x-axis, for example, may show the number of aptitude test (Test 1, Test 2, etc.) while the y-axis may show the student �s grade obtained for each test. Gradually you will get the curve showing his/her progress (ups and downs). As for enrichment plan I always use the SWOT analysis. S - strengths (what the student does successfully, his positive traits, skills), W - weaknesses (what qualities/habits prevent him/her from working properly), O - opportunities (external factors that will help him/her in further work, e.g. extra English lessons, travel experience, reading special literature, etc.) and T - threats (external factors that prevent him/her from working properly, e.g. lack of time, learning disablities, mates that distract his/her attention, etc.). The SWOT can also be used as self-analysis for ss. I don �t know if my advice can help you, but everything �s taken from my professional experience. Good luck!      

8 May 2011     

franzjosefaut
Austria

Hey.

Here �s a URL that might be helpful:

It �s in Hungarian, but you can see - Angol B1.

Download the pdf and it will provide a European Language Certifaction Test as well as an explanation, how to rate and judge.

I �m not sure, whether you may have to download all three parts.  Start with part 1 and if it is a pdf with about 52 pages you will find a lot of answers for your problem.

Greetings, Franz

If you would like to contact me, please, use my personal email [email protected]

10 May 2011