Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Computer savy I am not...    

Computer savy I am not...

roneydirt
United States

Computer savy I am not...

I can come up with a dozen ideas on different aspects but when it comes to certain technology I am....  well in the military we call it a Gomer Pyle.  Dumb as a pile of rocks, but I am not that dumb but you get the point.  I know how to download videos off of Youtube but it is not available here and I just can �t get even a good proxy to work properly with the computer I currently have.  I want to create some culture and history lessons using some video clips and music videos and can �t seem to capture them to use.  If you have them in your file would be much appreciated and will give you my email if you pm me.

The lesson concept I thought of was like what some have done.  It is show a music video and the students fill in the blank.  The additional concept is using three videos of the same video.  The first with the country you are in primary language, the second video with English and the third with no subtitles.  Besides filling in the blanks talk about what the video is about and what does it mean.

Some things I am currently looking for.  the cartoons: The car of the future.  The home of the future.  If you have it also with Chinese or Korean subtitles but if not English subtitles and/or no subtitles.
As I typed this my mind went blank... There were a few others I wanted to ask for like the Wonder Girls Nobody in Korean and English with Chinese subtitles.  Used to have it but it was stolen.

Thanks in advance in case I forget to thank you...

11 May 2011      

roneydirt
United States

American Eats.  History of American food/fast food. 
Thanksgiving, Halloween.
Any video that deals with any country historical event as long as it is short.

I showed Seminole Wind the other day but it had no subtitles and talked about my secondary family and my home since it is a video of the everglades and I used to live near them.  -for those that don �t know the leader of the Seminoles went to sign a peace treaty and they starved him to death.  He told his people that if they can �t honor their own symbol of peace then they should never be trusted.  Then it also talks about how the land was being stripped away for industry and being polluted.  I also got to talk about swamp land and the animals.  So it covered history, science and industry in one lesson, granted the lesson is 2 hours long.

11 May 2011