Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > OT: any plant experts out there?    

OT: any plant experts out there?

colibrita
United Kingdom

OT: any plant experts out there?

Hi All, this is completely OT but does anyone know the name of the pink flowering shrub that you see everywhere in the Mediterranean, particularly along the central reservation on motorways, and very on residential streets. It can be quite a tall plant,  often about 2m high or so, and it �s quite pretty. Any ideas?

It wouldn �t be oleander would it?

Thanks and have a bloomin � nice weekend!

Hugs

Colibrita

13 May 2011      

lisa.weix
Austria

Yes, Colibrita, I�d say that�s the very plant. They�re awesome, aren�t they? I love them...
Have a great day,
Elisabeth.

13 May 2011     

melinaki
Greece

Yes, the name is oleander. It grows very easily almost everywhere and it doesn �t need a lot of watering. They may have flowers of various colours, white, pink, red. This plant I �ve noticed impresses visitors from northern countries. Melina :)

13 May 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

It is gorgeous, isn �t it? But it is also extremely poisonous. Even eating honey made from its nectar can be very dangerous. I used to have a beautiful tree here at home but my gardener had to chop it down after my tortoise died from eating some leaves.  I was really sad to have to do it but I had small daughters at that time and was afraid they would use some leaves to play in their playhouse. (They used to collect all kinds of things to pretend it was food). 

13 May 2011