Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Things you want to know about Mandarin language and Chinese cultures    

Things you want to know about Mandarin language and Chinese cultures

ispc
Singapore

Things you want to know about Mandarin language and Chinese cultures

Hi ! I am Young Tay and I am a visiting professor with a Beijing College. I spent some 10 years R&D in teaching Mandarin as foreign language ( MFL ) and I would happy to share with you my knowledge of Mandarin language and Chinese cultures.

I glad you guy here share with your  knowledge of English language and cultures with people in Asia like myself.

You are welcome to post ,,

14 May 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi dear Young Tay,

I was given years ago to attend a 4-hour long Chinese lesson and I adored that. Which book will you recommend about the birth of your writing and its evolution till nowadays ?
On another hand I would like to find a poster with your kanji (? Does it suit only Japanese writing ?) And which books about your wonderful tales (all in English as my Chinese is really too poor) would you recommend ?

Thanks for your kind offer to share with us your knowledge. A very good idea indeed !

On another hand I am afraid I give only private lessons and I have no means to suggest you to come here even if I know that more and more students are interested in learning Chinese. Sorry about that.

Maryse from France.

14 May 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

In my country, Malaysia, mandarin language has become the most learned language, second only to English with the increasing population of non-mandarin speakers taking mandarin language as third language and the increase of enrollment in Chinese Schools ( among the non-Chinese). Recently, both Mandarin language and Tamil language have been introduced as an optional subject in all schools ( its compulsory in Chinese and Tamil Schools) due to the rising power of China and India. Look like one day, we (Malaysians) all have to learn Mandarin in order to survive in the present economy.But it �s OK, we are ready to learn Mandarin and adopt Chinese cultures.

Sirhajwan

14 May 2011