Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > C.V - Application letter?    

C.V - Application letter?

miesies muis
Namibia

C.V - Application letter?

Dear friends

I was contacted by one of the school in my City and were asked to send them my c.v. I have a small problem. When you apply for a vacant post at a school, you attach an application letter, but what kind of letter do you attach if you just send them your c.v? What do you call it and where can I get an example of such a letter. School starts tomorrow and I want to hand in my c.v. as soon as possible.

Thanx

Elanie

15 May 2011      

folidom
Germany

Dear Elaine, I would just write something like: "Thanks for your interest. Please find attached my C.V. Following my contact details for any further information you might need." ...
Regards
folidom

15 May 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Most employers expect you to motivate your application in a cover letter. Lots of samples available online.

15 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Elanie

It is often customary to send a covering letter with your application if an application letter is not required.  Often CVs without cover letters are not considered.

A cover letter introduces you, the position you are interested in and reasons why, along with a few selling points.  Don�t make it too long - one page is all that most employers �tolerate�. 

I think Philip forgot to add the link so here it is: cover_letters.

Cheers

Jayho

15 May 2011     

miesies muis
Namibia

Thank you, Jayho, Phillip and Filodom. 

15 May 2011     

green spring
Germany

hi

you can write a letter of interest (LoI) and attatch it to your CV,

you find many sample if you search