Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > portfolio presentation     

portfolio presentation

aekren
Turkey

portfolio presentation

Hello everyone,

i need some ideas. a couple of weeks later we will have this portfolio presentation day.the students will present what they have learned to their parents. but my department head wants me to do something interactive and make the students to use the smartboard aswell. unfortunately i have no idea what to do :( do you have any ideas ????

regards

15 May 2011      

laura crespillo
Spain

I haven � t work with interactive boards yet but perhaps it would be nice if  students could "teach" instead of " show" something they have learnt to the parents. Most students learn more when they teach something to someone else so it might be interesting. Each student can teach something different.  ...just an idea!

15 May 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

Same here, your school is very advanced, I have no experience in using interactive board. Like what Laura suggested, teach your students to use the interactive board and ask them to show their skills in using the boards to their parents by demonstrating them. The demonstration itself is more authentic and it shows that they have learned something, this demonstration requires them to speak anyway.

In addition, the students could choose a particular topic and teach their students briefly through the interactive boards ( just like what Laura had suggested). Make the students look accomplished and skillful in front of their parents. It will enhance their self-esteem and make their parents proud.

Sincerely,
Sirhajwan

15 May 2011     

joybeth
United States

Have your students create glogs on edu.glogster.com and then present them to the class/parents on the smartboard.  They are simple to create and look amazing.  Students can choose a topic from a list of suggested topics or you can assign them something.

15 May 2011