Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I īm really confused???    

I īm really confused???

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

I am not sure but i saw in the reporting page that one of the moderator said that victor explain that we should not report ws with ic unless watermarked because that īs a problem between ic and their buyers...  i have not seen that explanation from victor but if someone has seen it maybe they can give the link.

21 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Liz,
just have a look at rules. The rule about iclipart images is there.

@Rose, I don īt understand what you keep going on about. When I look at new wss and see some suspicious or clearly against the rules, I report it. Is there anything wrong about that? I don īt think so. I understand you feel hurt because some of your wss were reported because of iclipart images but the rule is clear now so what you don īt understand about it?

21 May 2011     

rose95
Turkey

MJ Misa, it is you who hasn īt understood what I īm trying to say. I haven īt used a single clipart from iclipart and none of my wss were reported after the rule. So there are no hurt feelings. Is that clear enough for you? If you have further questions please PM me.

21 May 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

As far as I know, you can use images from i-clipart at your own risk, and printables using those images shouldn īt be reported: whatever happens will be between the user and i-cliparts. BUT there seems to be a new rule here stating that i-cliparts are not allowed : You can īt publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it īs against their terms of use. I understand it is up to each member, but i-clipart rules are clear: no distributing!

21 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

An interesting thread and perhaps getting a bit too personal.

Victors instructions are clear here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=27703

Also, in the uploading page it says: You canīt publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since itīs against their terms of use.

In my opinion these are grounds enough for reporting.  If a member thinks it is unfair to report then they should not do so and let it take its course, no matter how long it takes to get reported, if ever.  If a moderator feels it is unfair to vote for removal of a reported WS with iclipart then they are best to not vote at all and let it take its course.  If they vote against removal (i.e. to stay) then they are voting against the rules stipulated by Victor to prevent him having further problems with iclipart.  Itīs all in his post.

Cheers

Jayho

21 May 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Our students have to accept so much, why is it so friggin hard for some teachers to accept certain rules?

21 May 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

just a question how do you know is from ic ?   i have pictures that are sold through other websites and are also sold in ic

21 May 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Most sites have the same rules.

21 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2