Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > poster    

poster

YASENYA
Turkey

poster

hi everyone :)

I need your help. I �ve decided to do an interesting writing activity and getting ss to create a poster seems a better idea. Ss � level is intermediate so I think they can create a poster about "Breathing Easier - What Can We Do? It�s Up to Me and You" which I found while searching on net. but I don �t know how to teach them create a poster step by step and which vocabulary they may need. The language will probably �should �

Can you please help me?
Thanks in advance :)) 

22 May 2011      

sirhaj
Malaysia

When it comes to poster, the most important thing is the message that the students want to convey-simple and concise message-ask the student to think about it.

We surely need verbs in poster but you could probably focus on "Action Verb" since it is important to make the public aware and take action accordingly on any issue.

You can ask the students to be creative by asking them to draw pictures/illustrations on their poster based on the theme you give to them:

1. Social Issues:Teen pregnancy, substance abuse, alcoholism, vandalism, bullying, child
                       abuse,suicide.
2. Health: Obese, smoking, nutrition, exercise
3. Campaign: PETA, Anti-fur, Animal Abuse, pro-choice ( abortion is optional), pro-life (abortion is
                  banned), Gay Marriage.
4. Policy: Immigration, environment, education, Homeland security, unemployment, nuclear
            weapon, cloning, healthcare.
5. Global issues: War, Poverty, Disease, Natural Disaster, Recession.

6. Charity: International Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Intepid Fallen Heroes Fund,
              Refugees International, Make a Wish Foundation, Feeding America etc.

I hope these help. Sorry if they don �t.

Sincerely,
Sirhajwan

22 May 2011     

YASENYA
Turkey

they do help Thank you so much :)

22 May 2011     

boydegg
Thailand

Yasenya

To add extra awesomeness (and motivation for your students) why not make your posters online using Glogster?

I �ve made several �glogs � using this site. It �s easy to get started and easy to produce pleasing results.  The site �s FREE.

Here are a few I made:

They �re a little slow to load, but I hope you like them.

Cheers!

Brian

22 May 2011     

YASENYA
Turkey

thx they are just wonderful :))

22 May 2011