Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Notebook Corrections - Comments    

Notebook Corrections - Comments

lolelozano
Argentina

Notebook Corrections - Comments

Good afternoon!

Just wondering; when correcting student�s notebooks ( children ) what feedback and comments do you give ?

Besides "great job / well done / good / very good / excellent " - any other comments?
What about feedbacks? Specially when you want them to be neat 4 example.

I �d love to hear your comments!

Thanks a lot.

22 May 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

It depends on their age a lot. There are comments that a teenager and an 8-year-old would �read � quite differently. I love using these...
You see how well you can do!
So proud of you right now!
Thanks for this wonderful work!
It �s a joy to be your teacher with all the work you put in!
You should be really proud of yourself!

As for neatness, it �s always tricky. I try not to comment on that, unless it borders on unreadable or a complete mess, although smaller kids are usually rather neat, or at least try to be. With teenagers, sometimes I �m just happy with the fact that they even bring notebook regularly, and that they �re only for English lessonsConfusedWink... I �m afraid that with some of them, however, putting it nicely doesn �t work, but when I put a big question mark next to it and add �Sorry, I really can �t read this. You �ll have to do it for me... � and then sit them down and ask them to read it back to me, which they can �t do themselves, - well, this has become rather effective. I try to teach them, though, that how you write is how you organise your thoughts in your head. (Although it isn �t necessarily true because our brains work on such various levels.)

22 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but, it came in hand and may also be useful...: )

http://spectrumeducation.com/portal/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/82bb2f2b1ed6374594a81ff1ce9d06fe.jpg

Linda

22 May 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

you can say:
"be careful when you copy the words that are on the board".
"take your time to copy what is on the board"
"use a ruler to cross out the words you misspell"
"make sure you wrote everything correctly when you have finished copying what �s on the board"
always try to be positive while giving tips to your pupils so that they know what �s wrong and know how to improve their spelling/...
take care!

22 May 2011     

lolelozano
Argentina

Thanks a lot - These comments really help me!

22 May 2011