Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "Stolen points"    

"Stolen points"

cinziafal
Italy

"Stolen points"

I �ve just tried to download an interesting worksheet but I �ve had troubles with the PC (or with the web siteErmm) so I couldn �t get what I needed.... what �s more, I have been charged for ten downloads that I actually didn �t have......is there a way to recover the "stolen" items as I didn �t download anything?? 

I hope this is the right section for this kind of topic....Embarrassed

Cinziafal

23 May 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

You might have downloaded "old" printables, by mistake. These cost you points...
You also should check your internet browser. You should "teach" your internet browser the path where you want to store the downloaded documents (show the browser the exact folder for elspritnables documents).
IF  you tried to download some worksheets and now you cannot find them, you should have a look where downloads are stored automatically. The documents must be there...
The owner of this site, Victor Gayol, is the only one who can restore your "stolen" points. He is a busy man and he gets hundreds of messages every week, so the best solution for you is to share a new worksheet and win those 10 points by sharing your contributions....
Or you can still download your 30 free recent worksheets per day. Show all recent contributions
I have lost tens of points by accidentally hitting the "Download this worksheet" button twice. It is normal, it has happened to all of us. Don�t worry, you are not alone!

23 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

This happened to me yesterday too. The site kept falling down. I clicked "Download this worksheet" and the site went off. It happened to me three times but as I have enough points, I don �t really mind. But I believe it may be disrupting for members with a couple of points.

As moravc suggests, contact Victor, he �s the only one who can sort this out.

Regards, Michaela

24 May 2011     

cinziafal
Italy

I �ve just checked the path where downloads are stored automatically, but the worksheet(s) are not there.... I think I �ll upload a new contribution as I only have 5 points left at the moment....

Thanks for help!!!!!
Smile

24 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@cinziafal,

let me remind you that advertising our wss on the forum is against the rules. You should edit your second thread.

24 May 2011     

cinziafal
Italy

sorry, it was a joke (as the ecoticon shows ) to defuse a moment of crisis...Wink

I �ll edit it soon!!

24 May 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

I �m glad to hear that no one actually stole your points as the title of the thread led me to believe, but that you lost them by mistake, a mistake you can �t blame anyone for, really. Unfortunately, this sort of things always happens. You �d best make sure you have plenty of points by uploading material so that it doesn �t hurt too much! 

24 May 2011     

cinziafal
Italy

Don�t worry!
It was my PC�s fault, obviously....
Thanks for suggestions!
Smile

24 May 2011