Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Where are those texts ?    

Where are those texts ?

badr.a7
Morocco

Where are those texts ?

I am a novice teacher of English who keeps hearing from colleagues and friends a wonderful feedback about the English they learnt in the past. the old generation , i believe , had a better opportunity to learn this language ; they were exposed to wonderful texts and textbooks . What i keep noticing is the fact that the old texts are engraved in my friends memories. In comparison with the new textbooks , i really find no amazing texts ; English seems to have lost its charm in these textbooks. NOW PLAESE ! IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE A READING COMPREHENSION WHICH REALLY TEACHES NEW IDEAS, MORALS OR UNFORGETTABLE STORIES DO HELP ME HERE . BELOW IS MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IN CASE YOU WANT TO BETTER COMMUNICATE.

[email protected]

26 May 2011      

pilarmham
Spain

Please, don �t be deceived by old words, dear badr.a7.
Some textbooks in  the past were good, many were not. It �s the same thing now. Only YOU can decide, it �s your own knowledge and criteria which can help you choose. We are so lucky, we can take the best of the past AND the present. Does that mean we have more choices?: definitely. We can also get lost among so many possibilities.

I have no doubt that you �ll make the best decision.

27 May 2011     

SaraMariam
United States

I think another problem is also that the interests then and now are totally different and texts that touched students back then will have no effect on the playstation generation today. So, I really support what pilarmham said. I tried a lot of texts and methods in my teaching life and all students react in a different way. Even one text can have a great effect on one student and no effect on the other. I �m lucky to have the chance to choose my own materials to work with so I can adapt to the student �s needs. Unfortunately this is not always the case :s

27 May 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

There have never been so many decent course books on the market as today. Compared to 10 or 20 years ago, most books are definitely a great improvement over what was available then. Just choose wisely, and don�t expect all course books to have a totally new approach or set of morals in them...

27 May 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

This is an amazing resource for timeless classics (that�s if you need the stories for your ss)
One more thing: please remove your email address from your forum post for safety reasons.
Sophia

27 May 2011