Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I know this is off topic but man it has been a little extra crazy month...    

I know this is off topic but man it has been a little extra crazy month...

roneydirt
United States

I know this is off topic but man it has been a little extra crazy month...

I was suppose to go to Henan at the beginning of the month but spent a day talking a young lady off a balcony and missed my train.  Then was told my paperwork to add to my teaching degree needed extra time even though I was suppose to interview with them for a new job.  A couple teachers just disappeared so extra classes were added so made it no days off.  Then another distraught person showed up at my door.  I came home from a 12 hour shift to find my door padlocked because the roommate forgot to do something so was homeless for over a day.  During the time had to talk another girl, off a tall building and then take 2 friends to the hospital.  Throw out more drunks than normal and one left a blood hemorage over an old bullet hole and 4 of the hospitals where I am said no for treatment but finally found a 5th that did the treatment after I did most of the work.....  Then a simple discussion in class today was like listen to the crickets, "Tell me about your favorite actor/actress/singer."    Sadly on the school issue it will continue till next month and include a couple teachers going on holiday...  I need a holiday!!!  but that class today almost made me cry in the class, because they are extremely smart students...

Keeping my fingers crossed.  June will bring me being recertified with the State of Florida as a teacher and best case scenario add ESL and High school history AND National certification.  Worst case hopefully will just be Florida certified Elementary Education.

sent an email of the photo caption winner, hope it isn �t too late

28 May 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Roney,

Sounds as if you were Superman �s heir, aren �t you ?

Yes, you lived a very busy month, indeed...

Crossing my fingers with you !

Maryse.

28 May 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

Roneydirt,

A big round of applause for you!!!

You are "SUPERTEACHER"

1. You save lives despite your own personal trouble ( Selfless)
2. You sacrifice your train trip to accompany a young lady ( Protective)
3. You take all the burdens, step up when others are trying to get away ( Responsible)
4. You brace yourself for the paperwork despite the additional tasks ( Obedience)
5. You stay patient in class although the lesson takes its toll on you ( Patience)

Sound to me like you are person who is capable to do anything, who doesn �t crack under pressures and despite the fact that you lamented your day, you had actually exhibited all the virtues a teacher should have and above all, a human should have. I admire you...

All the best,
Sirhajwan

28 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Roney... Hug Don �t have to apologize, after all you �ve been through we all understand how busy you have been. And as always, you �re always willing to help someone in need, which speaks so very highly of you!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you! You �ll see things will work out excellent for you!

Hugs!!!

28 May 2011     

stuartallen77
China

China is great, isn �t it? Haha! If you are looking for a new job in China this September - we can help you. 

Email: [email protected]

Stuart

29 May 2011