Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Word meaning    

Word meaning

phandung16
Vietnam

Word meaning

What is the difference between van and truck? - Please help me to find the answer! Thanks in advance!

28 May 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Phandung,

�van � is in British English whereas �truck � is American.

On another hand a �van � is smaller than a �lorry � and bigger than a car.

Have a good Sunday.

28 May 2011     

lovemykids
Uruguay

Hi dear friend!
A van is neither a car nor a truck. A van is bigger than a car, more spacious and the shape may be different. A truck is very big, it can be used to carry stuff from one place to another and it doesn �t have to be so comfortable or spacious for the occupants because its not aimed at travelling for pleasure or at being used in our everyday lives. Hope it helps.  A hug! 

28 May 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

lovemykids is correct:

Van   
Truck (US) Lorry (UK) 

28 May 2011     

tulpen25
Netherlands

A van is a small truck/lorry. I speak British English and although I use lorry more, I also use truck. 

29 May 2011     

Apodo
Australia

A van is closed in. We usually mean family vans, small delivery vans or work vans (eg: electrician �s van) , but we call a large closed in truck for all your furniture when you move house a  �moving van �.  

29 May 2011