Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Thank you and please help!    

Thank you and please help!

nika114
Greece

Thank you and please help!

Dear friends,
I will try to make it humorous!I have an MATEFL degree and now I have a doctorate,PH degree in Alzheimer thanks to my mum.For the past I don �t know how many months I cared for my mum and as a result I had no time to do anything and even lost my job.The only thing that kept me sane was eslprintables!I would like to apologize to all the people whose worksheets I downloaded without saying thank you.
I have just found a new position but I have never worked with whiteboards before.I understand that I can use any wss and whatever program I have on my pc.However, I was asked to make some wss with words and sounds.I know how to do it in word,etc, but I do not know WHERE to find individual word with sounds.I tried online pronunciation dictionaries but I can not download the sound.Can anyone help me?Are there such sound files ?Any software I can use to create homework with sounds?Software to create material for whitboards?
I am sorry if I sound silly,but it is difficult learning new things when you are n old dog!
Sorry again to all those I did not thank for the downloads,sorry to ask for help again and thank you in advance for your help!
A suggestion: Watch IRIS,the film about Irish Murdoch !
nika114

29 May 2011      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Nika114,

Try this online pronouncing dictionary.  You MUST have a Sound Card in your computer if you want to hear the words.

And try this site for children�s games.

Other Teachers probably know better links than these, and will reply here.  Those who are computer geniuses can advise you about an Interactive Whiteboard.

I am sorry about your situation.  I know how you feel!  But remember, "You Are Not Alone".

You are to be congratulated for working so hard; for achieving superb qualifications; and for constantly keeping a smile on your face, in such difficult circumstances.

You are a shining example to us all.

Love,

Les

29 May 2011     

ellakass
Israel

http://www.multimedia-english.com/phonetics/the_phonetic_chart.php
Hope it can help you.Interesting and useful site.Good luck!

29 May 2011     

epit
Turkey

http://www.123listening.com/adjectives1.php Dear Nika ,My grandma had suffered the same ilness long time ago . I know  how much it is difficult to see someone who you love in this situation .That is like  an illness that chooses the people who are sensetive .Hope the link helps you and you can download .Regards  from neigbour coast .

29 May 2011