Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Opinion on Macmillan VOICES for ESO    

Opinion on Macmillan VOICES for ESO

margax
Spain

Opinion on Macmillan VOICES for ESO

Hi teachers,
I �d like to know your opinion on the Macmillan series "VOICES" for ESO students (ages 12-16). We want to change the textbooks in September and your experience would be really appreciated. Any suggestions about other possible textbooks will be welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.Big smile

1 Jun 2011      

susanaprint
Spain

Hi, we changed last year to Macmillan Voices, and they are the best books I �ve ever had. One the best things is the digital book, it offers you the possibility of working with all the pages of the book displayed on the the screen, very useful also for the workbook corrections. I also like how the grammar is presented, with lots of activities to work while explaining. It�s really a good choice.

1 Jun 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I agree with Susana. I really good book. We will probably use it next year, too.
Yolanda

1 Jun 2011     

piedadrosell
Spain

I am not teaching in a high school, actually, I am in a primary school.
this year, I started to use Richmond (it comes from santillana. Do you know it?) I had never heard about them, but now, I think those books are quite interesting. You will take a look what is on this page, you should register first, and after this, you could download the didactic guide for teacher as well as the student �s book of any level.

http://www.e-vocacion.es/home.php

2 Jun 2011     

harelyta
Peru

Hi friends:

I �m uisng the series of "Inspiration" and since my point of view they are excellent books, they develope all the four skills and have a lot of activities to do with teenagers. But to be honest I have never heard about "Macmillan Voices". I promise to check those books soon.

Good luck and best wishes

Harelyta

2 Jun 2011     

mariajo.sanz
Spain

Hello, we have just chosen Voices for next year. After considering other publishing houses we think MacMillan offers the best textbooks. Cheers

Mar�a Jos�

2 Jun 2011     

margax
Spain

Thank you all for your advice. It �s been helpful to know what you think about VOICES. They look really attractive and  I especially like the listenings and the topics developed in the units. Besides there �s a lot of complementary material. However, I �m always afraid when I have to decide on a change because you never know what they will really be like until you have used them for a whole course.Big smile

2 Jun 2011