Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is it just me or has Victor given us another christmas present    

Is it just me or has Victor given us another christmas present

Vickiii
New Zealand

Is it just me or has Victor given us another christmas present

SPELL CHECKING - thank you!  I can�t believe that I had just never noticed it before!  I am sure it wasn�t here a few days ago...  or maybe it�s only because I have changed to firefox....

17 Dec 2008      

meuge
Argentina

It may be because you are now using Firefox,

I have Explorer and I don�t see it. Where is it?...Confused

17 Dec 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Yes where is it? Could be useful for me. he he

17 Dec 2008     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Yeah, Meuge is right. I use Firefox and that�s why I have this tool - spell checking. When I use I.E. I don�t have it.

Check your browser, Vickiii.

Best Wishes.

17 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I just started typing down here and some words were underlined in red!  Firefox is fantastic (and free). http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

It even started spell checking my emails!  What a relief!  funny though - they don�t have Firefox as a word in their dictionary - you can add words though just like in word.

obviously no grammar check! hehehe - thought/though - it doesn�t change the sentence too much!

17 Dec 2008     

danibauer
Brazil

Hiii!

I�ve just downloaded the Firefox and made some typos on purpose but it didn�t show any red marks on my mistakes.
Unhappy
I really like the idea...
Is there any tool in specific that I need to install?

Thanks!!! Wink

Daniela

17 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Tools, add-ons, british english dictionary. there are heaps to choose from if you just type in dictionary in the search field.  mine must have already been on here from a previous version.  

17 Dec 2008     

danibauer
Brazil

Thanks a lot, Vickiiiiiiii!!!

It worked! What a nice Xmas gift!!!

Kisses,

LOL Daniela

17 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

cooliris - another add on (wow) it is very cool!  It helps you search for photos - you get a picture wall that you can quickly scroll through - uses google images-  without the pages!

I just went to
Tools/addons and then clicked browse all add - ons.

It has a �fashion your firefox� link - with heaps of very cool stuff!

would love to hear if other people have found fantastic add ons to help them find stuff on the net.

17 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Very cool stuff! I added the Canadian English dictionary! LOL

17 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I was wondering - does anyone have an add-on or program or website, that gives you a list of rhymes or �rimes� so you can create word lists easily that sound the same.

rhyme - sat, cat, hat rat,

rime - words that contain �at� anywhere ie at, cat, attack, rats etc.

This would be extremely useful!

17 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >