Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > REPORTING A WORKSHEET    

REPORTING A WORKSHEET

foreign
Slovenia

REPORTING A WORKSHEET

Dear moderators,

this is a question for you and I hope you can help me. I am not a moderator so I don �t know what happens in the following scenario:
10 days ago I received a message from the administrator that one of my worksheets had been reported and removed. I wrote back to the administrator saying it was a mistake, provided evidence and explanation and since then nothing �s happened.
So what now?
My problem is not so much in losing points, it �s the fact that my account can be deleted if this happens again. I don �t think it �s fair to lose an account for reasons unjustified, and I know that I �ve done nothing wrong.

I hope the moderators can tell me what the procedure is, because even though in the administrator �s message it said that I can write back, I �ve never heard back from him.

Thanking you in advance,
lots of love,
mojca

1 Jun 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

You can lose the account only if your printable was reported as a copy (from EFL website or book).
IF the worksheet was reported because it was not considered EFL resource or it contained copyrighted pictures, these don �t count as strikes...

You may contact Victor Gayol, he is the only one who can review the case now... But I have to warn you, he is a busy man and he gets tons of messages, so write him only if it is absolutely necessary... 
The printables can be reported by any member (who provides the original source - link/book), they are reviewed by moderators (with 5,000+ points) and moderators vote for/against removal. If there are 51% votes for removal, the ws is removed automatically, by the website system.
This is how it works...

So if your worksheet was reported for other reasons than the "copy", you can remove the part not meeting the rules and reupload the printable and earn new points. You don �t have to worry about the strikes then...

What was the reason for reporting? It should be written in the message you received...

1 Jun 2011     

victor
Spain

Hello,

Please, send me a Private Message (better than email), with the ID number of the reported worksheet (it appears in the message that you received)

Kind regards,

Victor

1 Jun 2011     

foreign
Slovenia

The worksheet that was reported was a simple bingo playing card. It was reported as being a copy from some other website. I checked that website and saw that layout was completely different, so that was obviously not the point. However, some pictures I used were the same, but I take all my pictures from a legal CD-ROM (225,000 images, by focusmedia, see it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/225-000-Images-4-CD-Set/dp/B0006398AO), so this should not be a problem either. That CD is great, I use it with all my handouts and powerpoints and everything I make. It also allows users to use it to create their own websites and everything, and that �s why the same pictures were used on the website too. Me and the creator of the website (which is mes-english, by the way) obviously both use the same picture source (which I really do highly recommend).

So, now you can understand why I feel a bit disappointed by this whole experience. I love this site and I don �t want to lose my account just because I use a CD-ROM which is probably used by lots and lots of other people.

1 Jun 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

I am sorry Foreign, I should have told you about the possibility to send Victor a PM... victor
Personal messages are the fastest way to get in contact with other members because they display on screen every time the member logs in. I am sorry I forgot to mention that...
If you happen to have questions to a printable or ask someone personally, you should use the PM. Just click on blue "personal message" and type in the member �s nickname. Or click on the envelope below the member �s nickname. It works well...
If you are in doubt about anything, do not hesitate to contact me via PM.
I also recommend all new members to download free Tutorials    Templates

2 Jun 2011