Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Scottish dance    

Scottish dance

helena2009
Hungary

Scottish dance

Dear Friends,

I would like to dance with my class so I  need Scottish folk (dance) music.

Can you help me, please?

Thank you!

Helena

4 Jun 2011      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Maybe because it �s Saturday and Almaz is having fun somewhere ... but you could pm him, he �ll surely help you!

4 Jun 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I�m Scottish, Alicia: we �re not allowed to have fun....

Anyway, Helena, you �ll come across lots of different types of folk dances in a modern Scottish ceilidh: �Strip the Willow �, �The Gay Gordons �, �The Dashing White Sergeant �, �The Eightsome Reel � etc. Some of them are quite complicated but, for me, the easiest (ie the steps) is The Gay Gordons. There �s a sedate version complete with instructions here

You can check the other dances and the associated music on YouTube (eg Robbie Robertson on the accordion - a staple of ceilidhs). 

Bear in mind that in real life, some of these jigs and reels can be �exuberant � to say the least (I �ve seen broken teeth, broken noses and other assorted fractures after a particularly strenuous �Strip the Willow �).

4 Jun 2011