Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Adults    

Adults

OLGA11
Belarus

Adults

hi!!�

i have the 1 st lesson in a group with adults.

Please what games can i use at the lesson which can be interesting for adults ??

what are the ways of getting to know their names in an funny and interesting way ??

Olga

hugs

7 Jun 2011      

MapleLeaf
Canada

We were impressed when after introducing ourselves, a teacher just repeated the 20 students � names right away. That is a memory. I don �t know how she did it, taking into account that there were the names from all around the world. I mean the names that are totally new to her. 

7 Jun 2011     

kmochniak
Poland

Hi, 

What I usually do is: half of the Ss stand in the circle, face "outwards", eyes closed, the other half is standing in front of them. They talk for a bit and later on Ss who have their eyes closed try to describe their partner. Then you do it with the other half but make sure the pairs change!

Or: Ss mingle asking questions about other people �s life. They ask maximum 3 people, then they report what they found out about certain people to the group.

Or: Ss mingle, they take the 1st person they talk to and introduce his/her to a person they already know.

I have also prepared a lesson plan for the first English lesson. Will PM you the link.

Hugs,

Kasia

7 Jun 2011     

OLGA11
Belarus

thanx friends a lot!!!!!!!!!!

7 Jun 2011     

class centre
Belarus

There �s a game I use quite often to intertain my sts both big and little. I say a word, the 1st st in the circle says something he or she associates with this word, the next one says something that matches the latter one and etc etc etc. It helps you see their vocabulary resource, their background sometimes, their creativity  and a lot more. Besides, it makes them get excited, think fast  try overcome their shyness etc.  Good luck, Olga!

7 Jun 2011