Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PROJECT TO REACH ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD    

PROJECT TO REACH ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD

N.F.T
South Africa

PROJECT TO REACH ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD

Hi again all.

I �ve had some good response to my previous posting about finding Pen-pals for the teenage guys n girls I have here in China.  I should �ve been a bit more specific...

...I �m looking for a LOT of pen-pals.  This is a project that I am running across the entire EF TIANJIN (city in China) for a summer project.  Let me see if I can get anyone in on the full project...the more the merrier!  

THE PROJECT:

Day 1:  (pair work)  MAKE A JOURNAL FROM SCRATCH!  Students make a journal/book and design the cover how ever they wish to.  It is an expression of themselves...a crafty "first impression".  

Day 2:  (pair work)  US - a scrapbook - in same pairs as DAY 1 students will fill a scrap book with information about them.  They each fill one side of an open book with various information about themselves, their city, their lives.  (having created the journal we have control over the number of pages to be filled and their content.)

Day 3:  (individual) PEN-FRIEND - students get a friend to write to - by selection or at random - and we write our first letter, introduce ourselves, our scrapbook and any questions they will have for their pen-friend.

All the above mentioned days will correspond with an appropriate language lesson to empower the students to grasp the concept of the project and have the necessary target language to complete the project.

I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS PROJECT AND HOPE THAT I CAN INSPIRE EXCITEMENT IN YOU TO BE A PART OF THIS!!  PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL FORWARD MY EMAIL AND CONTACT DETAILS!  

ANY NATIONALITY, Advanced Beginners - Upp Int, AGES 7 - 17.  

Again, ALL ARE WELCOME!  We �ve got lots of kids and teens involved.  

10 Jun 2011      

mukondi
South Africa

I am interested, I have kids between the ages of 9 - 12, they are in Grade 4 - 6 in our school

11 Jun 2011