Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FADO    

FADO

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

FADO

JUST  a few words - as some of you know, I broke my shoulder and I am in the hospital; well, it �s 9 pm and some of the broken bones have gathered in the common room and we are singing fado - wonderful. people from other wards are arriving to check wha is happenin. Pity I can �t send you the audio.

Linda

11 Jun 2011      

ikebana
France

Hi dear Friend

Hope you �ll get better soon . Keep my fingers crossed !
kiss and hugs
IKEBANA

11 Jun 2011     

ellakass
Israel

Oh, dear Linda! I wish you to get well soon and hope you will sing carol tomorrow. Hugs!

11 Jun 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

Hope you get well soon dear Linda.
Big Hugs Hug
Nebihan

11 Jun 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Wow, a broken shoulder sounds both painful and complicated. Hope you get well soon and it �s great to read that even under these less than great circumstances you manage to have such positive energy; singing together in the hospital, simply fabulous! That �s really making the best of the situation I suppose!

11 Jun 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Linda,

hope you will get better soon.

11 Jun 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Wish you a quick recovery ,Linda! Fancy singing fado at such time! You are simply incredible!Big smile

11 Jun 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

A painful experience - your broken shoulder - led to such a wonderful moment in your life!  It is simply fantastic to see how people who got together under difficult  circustances can still enjoy life.  I really wish I could hear.  Will you sing "Uma casinha pequenina?". It was my favourite when I was a child.

Wasn �t Mar talking about sayings?  Here �s one that �s perfect for your situation.

11 Jun 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh dearest Linda, such awful and painful news! Do take care and may fado have a healing effect on you!Hug

11 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

wish you a swift recovery:)

12 Jun 2011     

queenpadme
Turkey

get better soon,dear linda. I hope these prays! of broken hearts will heal your broken parts soon. Let me share the fado which I fell in love as soon as I heard it.

As coisas vulgares que ha na vida / (The usual things in your life)

Nao deixam saudades / (won �t make you miss them){"saudade" is a word that can �t be translated}

So as lembrancas que doem / (only the painful memories )

Ou fazem sorrir / (or those which make you smile)

Ha gente que fica na historia / (there are people who stay in history)

da historia da gente / ( our life �s history) e outras de quem nem o nome/ ( and other who we don �t even remember)

lembramos ouvir / (hearing their names) Sao emocoes que dao vida / (it are the emotions that bring life)

A saudade que trago/ (to the "saudade" that i bring in me)

Hugs&kisses

12 Jun 2011     

1    2    3    4    Next >