Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Copies or not?    

Copies or not?

T1971
Portugal

Copies or not?

I would like to clarify one of my doubts about worksheets uploaded here.  If I change the name of the characters or if I take a line from a text I take from a book, will it make the text "original" or "mine"? Or if I don �t indicate the source, will it be OK to be here with all these texts created by teachers? (because no one copies texts from books!!)
I have to confess that I am quite disappointed with this site policies... How many worksheets are here with texts taken from books?!

Thanks for reading me... Have a great week!   

13 Jun 2011      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Well texts shouldn �t be copied from ESL books. If you use a text from another source you should mention it and you have to create somekind of activity to go with it. If you �re implying that you �ve come across texts from ESL books then you should report them.

13 Jun 2011     

T1971
Portugal

Why not? If I add my own exercises to it? 
Yes, I have come across with some! People use the text taken from ESL books and then they add some of their own exercises, as I did too. 

13 Jun 2011     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dearest friend!
Hope you �re doing well! As Amalia stated above it �s against the rules. It �s obviously clarified in the instructions :
You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

Hope you get the point now.
Wish you all the best.

13 Jun 2011     

T1971
Portugal

Thank you very much! I am more than clarified! 

Best wishes 

13 Jun 2011