Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Bookmarks    

Bookmarks

silvia.patti
Italy

Bookmarks

Hello everyone, I am thinking to prepare some bookmarks to give my students as a prize for their work next year. My students are 11-14 but I �m not sure they like bookmarks (most of them don �t like reading Cry). Anyway as the bookmarks are a prize, I DON �T want to include grammar; so I thought to do something concerning actors, singers, holidays, cartoons. Have you got other ideas? What can be interesting for these students?

Thanks a lot
Silvia

15 Jun 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Perhaps some biographical data about famous people, but something motivating such as what they did (regular jobs) before they were famous... or something motivating they said in an interview about teenagers, life, nature... anything positive or motivating will do. You might also make the text your personal message to them, but write it in code (e.g. use one of those picturesque fonts) and then write the code key alphabetically on the back of the bookmark, so at least you �ll get them to read that - they love puzzles, conundrums, anagrams, riddles... Even stories without ending could be interesting - just have a sentence or two from a famous novel, something enticing and puzzling, and then make them guess what goes on - if you get one in 20 students to pick up that book and read to see what happens, you �ve done your job as a teacher. Here are some quotes sites...

15 Jun 2011     

ellakass
Israel

http://www.eslprintables.com/download.asp?id=510816
And if you search bookmarks here you can find many for adults, without grammar but interesting.

15 Jun 2011     

Zora
Canada

Here in Spain pocket calenders are very popular... perhaps, you could make special pocket calenders with the "year" starting in September and ending in August. Here you could highlight special days, like local holidays or International day that are fun or crazy... like May 28 is National Hamburger Day in the US.

15 Jun 2011     

MWeed
Finland

How about "Where �s Waldo?"-style pictures with a lot of detail and something to find? I second the idea about using a book excerpt- just make sure they �re public domain.

15 Jun 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Silvia

I think I have a lot of material that can give you some pretty ideas; pm me your email, if you want to check them.

Linda

15 Jun 2011