Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

edrodmedina
United States

WOD

Sorry I was away from my computers and did not realize I had been chosen. I hope I �m not too late. Cheez. Imagine being the chosen one and being late!!!! Here is the new WOD: Pogonotrophy  Enjoy. Let �s get some weird Goffynitions here.

16 Jun 2011      

yanogator
United States

Since pogo-stick jumping is such a low-respect "sport" (International laws require "sport" to be in quotation marks when referring to pogo-stick jumping), there are never any prizes in the competitions, leading to the expression pogo no trophy.

Bruce

16 Jun 2011     

Zora
Canada

Pogonotrohpy is an award that goes annually to the most deserving person on "Pogonos" - a very tiny island off the coast of Greece. It �s inhabitants are known as Pogoners and their national anthem is titled, Oh Pogono, and is sung while jumping up and down on one leg like a pogo-stick!

16 Jun 2011     

maryse pey�
France

I confess ... I am pogonotrophic...

Let me explain : I can �t help looking for the Perfect Original Genuine Obvious Nebulous Obsolete TROPHY made by THE PENGUIN OLD GUY NEHENDERTAL OBSCURELY TRepanoused due to his Obsession PHYsical, compulsive and PHilosophically HYsteric...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!

16 Jun 2011     

teresasimoes
Portugal

Pogonotrophy
This brings a message to us:

Be patient, train your mind and body. As a result...  you�ll get an application formimage for a  trophy.

16 Jun 2011     

wysiwyg
France

-TROPHY, suffix meaning growth or development
-POGO, a sausage in a pastry coating, very appreciated in Qu�bec

Sooooo....... you suffer from pogonotrophy when you eat/have eaten/ are eating/are going to eat again and again tons of pogos, hence the growth or excessive development of certain parts of your body.
Although pogonotrophic bodies can be very seductive, most magazines strongly recommend  their sheepish readers to avoid belonging to this category.

Pogo sellers in Qu�bec are currently campaigning to save their speciality, in the name of the Fundamental Right to Pogotrophy.

16 Jun 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Pogonotrophy

You have all studied photography and are acquainted with the different types of film emulsions.  You have discussed the word �Panchromatic� = sensitive to all the colours of the spectrum which can be reflected by a pan.  Similarly, �Orthochromatic� = sensitive to all the colours of the spectrum except the red used by the Orthodox Church.  �Polychromatic� = sensitive to all the colours of parrots and cockatoos which can sing soprano.

This leads me directly to �Pogonophora�, ( a cross between Flora and Fauna, hence the suffix, Phora).   This is a type of deep-sea worm, with many bodies, which subsists on symbiotic bacteria, (bacteria which can play the cymbals, giving us the musical connection).

But what has this to do with �Pogonotrophy�?

It was the world-famous American Oceanographer, �Drop-Me-In-The-Deep-End�, Hiram P. Schuster, who conclusively proved that the �Pogonophorus�, (singular), consumes bacteria through its skin, and excretes waste matter in the same way.

His research proved that it has no mouths and no guts.

He put the worm in a jam jar with a baby tadpole.  Immediately, the �Pogonophorus� tried frantically to escape from the harmless tadpole.  Professor Schuster observed that, although the worm made frantic gestures of terror, it never once opened any orifice to shout for help.  He thus concluded that it had no mouths.

Its cowardly behaviour led him to believe that it had no guts.  

For this underwater ground-breaking research, Professor Schuster was awarded a prestigious medal: �The Pogono-trophy�

16 Jun 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Les please, make us a great pleasure : publish your daffynitions !

16 Jun 2011     

htunde
Hungary

Antlers of a deer or tusks of an elephant are definitely trophies of a hunter. Thus, pogonotrophy is a trophy (characteristic part of an animal that is not subjected to decay either naturally or preserved). The animal in question is called pogono �a new species discovered just lately in the jungles of Pogono, whose inhabitants, actually also called po-go-no-s, obviously

do not use (go no-as they say it when they are about 2 years old or younger)

chamber pots (po- as they say it when they are about 2 years old or younger).

As to the trophy itself? It might be any part!! Use your imagination!

16 Jun 2011     

kmochniak
Poland

Pogon is a misspelt PAGAN, so I think this means a really nast habit of eating pagans. Popular especially during medieval period.

16 Jun 2011