Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > "Word of the Day"    

"Word of the Day"

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"Word of the Day"

Thank you, Ed for your kindness in awarding me the trophy for "Word of the Day"

Here is today �s WORD.

"BUCCULA"

Let us have your "Daffynitions" --- comical, witty, or just plain stupid --- they �re all welcome!  EXCEPT, dictionary definitions are forbidden!

Ready!  On your Marks!  Go!

Les

17 Jun 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Les, who is (are) Marks, and why should we get on him (them)?
A blood sucking male deer from Transylvania.

17 Jun 2011     

Zora
Canada

Buccula is Dracula �s 5th cousin from Bavaria. She is the little known vampire of the Black Forest. In fact, Buccula left Bavaria in 1897 and has been living in New York ever since under various names. The most recent being Lady Gaga! Tongue

17 Jun 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

BUCCULA IS A KIND OF TEKILA.

17 Jun 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

@ Zora Clap

17 Jun 2011     

Yams
Argentina

ZORA!!!! lol!!! that was amazing!!!!!!!! lol!!! Clap

17 Jun 2011     

Mietz
Germany

Zora LOL!
But the Black Forest in Baden Wurtemberg - not Bavaria Wink

I think that Buccula sounds almost like the German word "Rucola" which is a type of salad leaves which I like very much. In English that is called "rocket" apparently which would explain how Zora �s Buccula got to New York...

18 Jun 2011     

Zora
Canada

LOL - Sorry about that, Meitz... *whispers* - you see Buccula is quite vain and pretentious... and since Bavaria sounded much more posh than Baden Wurtemberg - She just decided to tell people that. Blame her for my ignorance! LOL (Btw, nice to see you around again.)

18 Jun 2011     

teresasimoes
Portugal

BUCCULA
This word sounds like a kind of swinging music, but then again brings Spring gaudy colours to my sight. Or perhaps some kind of cucumber for the news...
To sum up, BUCCULA calls lots of senses to the meeting, even though they are free to come or miss it.

18 Jun 2011     

maryse pey�
France

That �s how I pronounced �BROCOLIS � the mouth full of them when you asked me what I was eating.

18 Jun 2011     

Mietz
Germany

@ Zora:
That explains it all. LOL

18 Jun 2011