Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE EXAMS RESULTS IN SPAIN    

UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE EXAMS RESULTS IN SPAIN

pilarnavarro
Spain

UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE EXAMS RESULTS IN SPAIN

N.F.T I absolutely sympathize with you.
These days, many young Spanish students who aim to follow their studies at university, are waiting for the results of their exams on the different subjects they have taken.
I �ve always wanted to be a foreigh language teacher. I �m in my early forties and I �ve been teaching English for 16 years in a grant - maintained school( higher education being private). I always have to prepare students for this crucial exam, since I �m the only English teacher available at those stages so far.
As you can imagine, results vary a lot depending on the years and the group of students concerned. This year the English results have been poor. I admit that these students have always been very bad and I �ve gone through a very difficult time with them, not paying attention, being disruptive and not working at all. I knew the results wouldn �t be good. 
I guess that because I teach them for four years in a row, I always get tired of them in the end.

Yet their marks in other subjects have been very good and I feel disappointed and lacking motivation. I try to do my best and look for materials that could be appealing,but English is a difficult subject to teach here in Spain and maybe I �m realizing that I �m not just good enough. I �m afraid this can happen again and I feel miserable. Sometimes I feel like quitting. As N.F.T stated, I need the strength to get to work.

Thanks for reading, dear mates.

P.S. I don �t know if it �s due to the end of the school year, but it seems that I �m not the only one who is feeling down.

17 Jun 2011      

Juanita3000
Peru

Hi Pilar: I have the same years of experience like you. And sometimes the result of our teaching not only depends on us, but also from the effort of the students. Don �t feel bad, try to analyze the mistakes and take this as a challenge for you to be a  better teacher. Maybe you need some methodology courses or seminars of teaching english. These kinds of events really help me to improve my teaching. Try to evalute your students frequently to see what are the weak points.
Finally, Put all your effort, and the result will be the best.
Have a nice day!Wink

18 Jun 2011     

pilarnavarro
Spain

Thanks for your advice.
I hope the summer holidays I am about to start in a fortnight will help me as well.

19 Jun 2011