Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What would you call this type of picture?    

What would you call this type of picture?

Mietz
Germany

What would you call this type of picture?

Dear fellow teachers,

I �ve been searching for very easy pictures that one can draw with horizontal, vertical and diagonl lines. There is a great activity for this in an English book which I like for practising simple numbers, but I need more pictures like the one below and can �t find anything online, because I don �t know what to look for. Could you help me? Thanks for any help! Mietz

21 Jun 2011      

Zora
Canada

They are called "Hundred Chart Pictures". Smile

21 Jun 2011     

Mietz
Germany

Thanks Zora! That was a great tip. Thumbs Up

Am still looking for pictures like the one above though. Just with a few straight lines. If I look for "Hundred Chart Picture", then I can mainly find just the charts.
What would you call a picture that has just a few straight lines? Any other ideas?

21 Jun 2011     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I found something here:
http://www.jmeacham.com/games.htm
Hope, it helps. Martina

21 Jun 2011     

Zora
Canada

This is a Math activity actually, so you will need to put the word "ideas or activity" before/after the search for hundred chart picture... but this might help you out. (I hope... )

http://mathmadepossible.com/docs/100_chart_pictures_1.pdf

21 Jun 2011     

Mietz
Germany

Thanks again Zora and Martina!
My focus was on the pictures drawn with about 8 lines, but the link you posted is great, too. I have finally come up with some ideas myself. Will upload the worksheet as soon as I �ve been able to compress it...
Take care!
Mietz

21 Jun 2011