Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andreaartigas
Chile

Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear friends,
Let me tell you, since last March, I�m coordinating the English department of public schools in the city where I live (Los Andes, Chile); one of my aims is to organise an event for next December, a play called "Miracle on Main Street"; I know it�s early to think about Christmas, but it�s difficult to prepare a play with students from more than 10 different schools; well , I�ve been looking for material (Scripts, songs, lyrics, plot, etc) but I couldn�t find information. I will really  apreciate if someone can help me with this kind of resources.
Well, thanks in advance and all my regards for this wonderful community,
Andrea
Los Andes
Chile

24 Jun 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Christmas is truly a subject with more than enough information available... What do you mean you can�t find information on it? Have you been really looking? or maybe you need something specific? Then please specify your possible choices. 
Look at what is available here :)
BTW I have a ppt on Christmas which I can�t upload here as it�s too heavy...
Sophia

24 Jun 2011     

douglas
United States

Are you sure you don �t mean "A Miracle on 34th Street" ?

24 Jun 2011     

andreaartigas
Chile

I know that movie "A Miracle on 34th Street" , it`s nice, but I need the play "Miracle on Main Street" based on the Celeste Clydesdale`s book. 
This paragraph is taken from a website, but no more information is available. Thanks anyway. If you find useful info, please let me know. A big hug 4 u
"

MIRACLE ON MAIN STREET

The Little Pageant That Wouldn �t Give Up!

Created by Celeste Clydesdale
Arranged by David T. ClydesdaleScript by Mark Davis & Celeste Clydesdale

Today more and more communities are struggling with the word "Christmas." Where mangers once stood and carols were sung, Christ is continuing to be dropped in favor of "holiday" celebrations. This enlightening children �s musical reaches directly to the heart of this matter, and from the voices of children comes the ultimate truth -- a Christmas without Jesus is like giving a present with no gift inside. 

From best-selling children �s creator Celeste Clydesdale and arranger David T. Clydesdale comes their latest children �s Christmas musical, Miracle on Main Street, The Little Pageant That Wouldn �t Give Up! An engaging script and upbeat blend of new songs with traditional carols chronicle the dilemma of a group of children who want to celebrate Christmas in public, but face opposition from the politically correct local townsfolk. Despite the challenges, the children stand up for their beliefs and joyfully proclaim their faith. 

An accompaniment video for the Chris Rice song "Go Light Your World" is included in the Instructional DVD along with the full performance and choreography instruction. New with Miracle on Main Street is the Digital Teacher Resource Kit. It �s an easy-to-store package that holds a single CD-ROM which contains everything you need to produce the musical with confidence -- lesson plans, activities, pre-planning material and more . . . a ready-to-go set of teaching and planning tools to save you time and effort!

24 Jun 2011