Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > size of powerpoint    

size of powerpoint

aaisha86
Egypt

size of powerpoint

Hi everybody,

i need your help in computer skills . i prepared two powerpoints to upload them but when i try to save any of them as powerpoint 2003 -2007, their size incresaed from 2 MB TO 10 MB. Actually my computer has windows 7.

26 Jun 2011      

baiba
Latvia

Hi aaisha

In many cases it has to do with the templates. If you use a fancy template the size increases enormously. Try using a very plain template and you will see. If it does not help, you will have to resize the pictures (if you used them).

26 Jun 2011     

perma
Greece

Hi Aaisha Smile
This has happened to me too. Here �s what solved the problem for me: 
First do not just paste pictures in the ppt but save them on your computer first and then insert them. Before inserting the pictures open them with a programme like microsoft office picture manager and resize them to a size that suits you and compress them. I remember that even if I had compressed the pic before inserting it in the ppt, it would become too heavy again once I resized it within the ppt! There is also a compress picture option in powerpoint which appears once a picture is selected (in the edit picture tab). Perhaps it can fix file size  for you  within the ppt. I remember I had to go through the above described steps though Confused

Something else that made a big difference were powerpoint �s background themes. Because I also worked in a more recent version I realised that the background theme  had a huge impact on file size when I saved in the earlier version. I had to remove the theme and just use a background colour.

Finally a good tip is to save the presentation as 2003-07 ppt right from the very beginning! This way you have to work with the earlier version �s tools only and you can monitor the actual size of your file (in ppt format and not pptx) as you work on it. 

HTH!

PS - EDIT:  by "background theme" I mean the templates that Baiba told you about. Microsoft office is in Greek on my computer and I�m not sure about the terminology!

26 Jun 2011     

aaisha86
Egypt

Thanks alot dear perma and baiba

26 Jun 2011